Tweak: Localize Vote Suspend to Specific Team

What do you want to see in Armagetron soon? Any new feature ideas? Let's ponder these ground breaking ideas...
arilou
Average Program

Tweak: Localize Vote Suspend to Specific Team

Post by arilou »

First off apologies if this was discussed in the past but since this is pretty specific to the suspend feature and nothing to do with kick.

This applies a general team game where there are 'Registered Users' and not 'Team Leaders' much like you would find in CTWF or CTF.

Is it possible to make the /vote suspend to have an added parameter where the vote is localized to the specific team?

Often times a vote/suspend fails because the other team has no clue that a player on your team is repeatedly playing poorly whether by accident or intentional. In the attempt to explain this while playing in game it usually takes several rounds before a consensus is reached. By that time that game is pretty much shot for the team trying to get a suspend vote.

Maybe there is a feature that I have overlooked something I would imagine like: /vote suspend_team_1 player 1 or /vote suspend_team_2 player 1

If someone were to question the 'effect' it seems to work in a positive manner in other games. Teams win and objectives are reached and players attain a familiar level of camaraderie between players that want to succeed. Needless to say it is a tremendous filter for removing the TK'ers or the Def Killers from the game.
Last edited by arilou on Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Day after day, alone on a hill, the man with a foolish grin is keeping perfectly still" --- Billy Shears
what
On Lightcycle Grid

Re: Tweak: Localize Vote Suspend to Specific Team

Post by what »

maybe something like /voteteamsuspend (name)
instead of /votesuspend
epsy
Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by epsy »

I'll accept this as a feature request. No promises.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/armagetronad/+bug/1074731

And if we're discussing command names, /teamvote suspend and /callteamvote suspend get my... ahem... vote.

Please do not think however that this will solve the root problem. Except for malicious players, which do come by from time to time, you will effectively be shutting players out.
nux
Round Winner

Post by nux »

epsy wrote:I'll accept this as a feature request. No promises.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/armagetronad/+bug/1074731

And if we're discussing command names, /teamvote suspend and /callteamvote suspend get my... ahem... vote.

Please do not think however that this will solve the root problem. Except for malicious players, which do come by from time to time, you will effectively be shutting players out.
Do consider 2 players teams.
There's a difference between knowing your shit, and knowing you're shit. Grammar does matter.