Slight changes to AIs

What do you want to see in Armagetron soon? Any new feature ideas? Let's ponder these ground breaking ideas...
xtrapoint
Average Program

Slight changes to AIs

Post by xtrapoint »

I think adding the option to change whether the AI stabs when attacking or not would be good esp. for servers that have rules like no stabbing or digging. Is there a way that I don't know or is this a good idea :P.
--They say nobody is perfect, then they say practice makes perfect. I wish they would make up their minds.
--The less people speak of their greatness, the more we think of it.
--Dealing with backstabbers, there was one thing I learned. They're only powerful when you got your back turned.
--I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.
--The dumber people think you are, the more surprised they're going to be when you kill them.
--There are two types of people - those who come into a room and say, "Well, here I am!" and those who come in and say, "Ah, there you are."
--It doesn't matter what temperature a room is, it's always room temperature.
--You can't have everything in the world, where would you put it?
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Re: Slight changes to AIs

Post by sinewav »

xtrapoint wrote:I think adding the option to change whether the AI stabs when attacking or not would be good esp. for servers that have rules like no stabbing or digging. Is there a way that I don't know or is this a good idea :P.
I think the AI's only close on you when they are in certain states, like maybe close combat only. I don't know for sure. You can test the AI parameters locally and see if forbidding state changes affects the behavior. Of course, stopping AI's from state changes would also make them more predictable and boring. It's possibly changing "viewing range" might give you control over digs/stabs.

Don't expect anyone to test it for you or have the answer. And if you don't know how to test it, well, it's time you opened up aiplayers.cfg and got to work.
AI-team
Shutout Match Winner

Post by AI-team »

I think there is already a "setting" that changes the AI's attacking behaviour

"95% of people believe in every quote you post on the internet" ~ Abraham Lincoln

Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Post by Phytotron »

I wasn't aware that the AI bots had daggers or shovels. What game is this again?