Idea -> Customization Options

What do you want to see in Armagetron soon? Any new feature ideas? Let's ponder these ground breaking ideas...
inVacua
On Lightcycle Grid

Idea -> Customization Options

Post by inVacua »

Hey just had an Idea what would be a cool feature to add to arma. I think it would be cool do add more Customization Options to your look like in the Need for Speed Series where you can modify the look of you car. There could be different Cycles to choose, multiple colors and styles for your trail. A real RGB farb picker (255 255 255) would be cool for the beginning, you could also add a bike and trail color picker insted of color codes.

What do you think ?
AI-team
Shutout Match Winner

Re: Idea -> Customization Options

Post by AI-team »

This is (at least partly) what tr2n has got

"95% of people believe in every quote you post on the internet" ~ Abraham Lincoln

sinewav
Graphic Artist

Re: Idea -> Customization Options

Post by sinewav »

There is a lightcycle game that let's you do that called "Light-Cycles 3D." It has an RGB color picker and you can chose between 4 different cycle models and texture overlays.

I would go one step further and ask for multiple engine sounds too. And support for multiple moviepacks. But of course, most people just customize the game to their liking and leave it, so I doubt there is any chance of these features getting into the game (unless you want to write the code yourself).

After all, it's really not that hard to switch out cycle models and textures.