Multiple movie-packs

What do you want to see in Armagetron soon? Any new feature ideas? Let's ponder these ground breaking ideas...
flying high up

Multiple movie-packs

Post by flying high up »

What I would like to see in the next version of the game is where in graphics settings, there is a option to choose what movie-pack to use. It would be a ton better then having to locate the file and manually move it. Also, Installing moviepacks would also be a bonus. You simply hit "import pack" and locate the .zip file. Then it unzips it and places the files where they need to go. It would be a ton easier. Is it possible to make this? Is it coming in the next version?
Thats just one of the many ways we can go flying high up!
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Hmm.. I just said something like this the other day. I think there are very few players who actually use moviepacks. Many players turn most or all of the textures off. Guys like me, on the other hand, are constantly swapping out textures. So, I'll back you up on that.

Oh, and welcome to the ArmagetronAd forums. :)
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Re: Multiple movie-packs

Post by Z-Man »

flying high up wrote:Is it possible to make this?
yes.
Is it coming in the next version?
For a given value of 'next version', yes. 0.2.8.3, definitely not. 0.3.1, definitely not either. But the next big stable version with new features, which will be either 0.4 or 1.0 depending on stuff, will probably have stuff like that. Whether it will support today's moviepacks without changes is unknown, though, they are in a very crude format.