iPhone 3G?

What do you want to see in Armagetron soon? Any new feature ideas? Let's ponder these ground breaking ideas...
Sithy
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by Sithy »

Any progress? :)

Seing as googleing for "SDL + iphone 3g" points to this very thread I guess not :/
apparition
Match Winner

Post by apparition »

I'd like to see Tron on the iPhone. I don't know how easy it'd be to control.
madmax
Round Winner

Post by madmax »

Apple wrote:We have decided to drop the non-disclosure agreement (NDA) for released iPhone software.

We put the NDA in place because the iPhone OS includes many Apple inventions and innovations that we would like to protect, so that others don’t steal our work. It has happened before. While we have filed for hundreds of patents on iPhone technology, the NDA added yet another level of protection. We put it in place as one more way to help protect the iPhone from being ripped off by others.

However, the NDA has created too much of a burden on developers, authors and others interested in helping further the iPhone’s success, so we are dropping it for released software. Developers will receive a new agreement without an NDA covering released software within a week or so. Please note that unreleased software and features will remain under NDA until they are released.

Thanks to everyone who provided us constructive feedback on this matter.
@ http://developer.apple.com/iphone/program/
Winner of the How Many Pages Before The Lock® competition and a grand total of 18,93 euros in Euromillions.
Sithy
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by Sithy »

So if I understand correctly, it would now be legal to port tron to iPhone as long as it's distributed through Apple's AppStore?
Jonathan
A Brave Victim

Post by Jonathan »

I think "released" refers to Apple's software, not yours. "Unreleased" software would be a developer preview of a new API or something.
ˌɑrməˈɡɛˌtrɑn
Infa(mous)
Round Winner

Post by Infa(mous) »

I think Google Android is more open source friendly than Apple. Just mentioning the possibility.
epsy
Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by epsy »

indeed google is more open-source friendly but tell me of a phone that's shipped running android :)

we would run in the same issue than for apple's iPhone: it's a platform which isn't well-spread

on the other hand we have symbian which is way more used
Infa(mous)
Round Winner

Post by Infa(mous) »

:? The T-Mobile G1's with android are supposed to be shipped and at peep's houses by the 22nd of october. 8) hopefully someone that plays tron will have one. :twisted:
epsy
Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by epsy »

Still, who would use that ? T-Com doesn't have a cellphone service here in France for example (and to be honest I would not trust them :))
teen
Round Winner

Re: iPhone 3G?

Post by teen »

so how is this going.... i dont really understand anything you guys are talking about but i have an android phone if someone wants me to test something. my touch 3g. it supports .apk files
Luke-Jr
Dr Z Level

Re:

Post by Luke-Jr »

Sithy wrote:So if I understand correctly, it would now be legal to port tron to iPhone as long as it's distributed through Apple's AppStore?
GPL is pretty simple. It's legit provided that:
1. Anyone who has a copy of the binary (installed game) can build it from sources.
2. These people are told how to get the sources at no additional charge*.

Too bad the restricted distribution otherwise inhibits actually using the GPL-granted rights. :(

I would be interested to see generic OpenGL ES support.

* Cost of physically making the copy is permitted.
teen
Round Winner

Re: iPhone 3G?

Post by teen »

luke...

you quoted someone 2 years ago