Idea: Instant chats for console

What do you want to see in Armagetron soon? Any new feature ideas? Let's ponder these ground breaking ideas...
Ricochet
Round Winner

Idea: Instant chats for console

Post by Ricochet »

Just thought of an idea of being able to put instant chats into console. For example, when you have to rename to auth correctly, I'm not able to rename back to my proper name as the character in my tag has to be input through user.cfg

Was just wondering if it would be possible to add special character input into chat or instant chats to console, so I could make an instant chat for it and then just use it whenever I need to rename back after authing.

Thoughts?
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

The SAY command does that :) Against the renaming, you could INCLUDE user.cfg, or of course use a recent test client which doesn't have this problem in the first place.
epsy
Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by epsy »

/console ?
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

Ah. you want it the other way round than I thought, you actually want stored console input. Epsy's suggestion would work, but looks wrong to me; you should not have to use a (client-local, which would be a first) chat command to access the console.

Would there be a non-obnoxious use case? People would no doubt use this to change name and colors every round.