Highly experimental windows builds

What do you want to see in Armagetron soon? Any new feature ideas? Let's ponder these ground breaking ideas...
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

What about the display lists setting? And what cockpit did you use in 0.3.0?
Ricochet
Round Winner

Post by Ricochet »

Display lists is set to command and call, it gives the best FPS of the 3.

I used the standard 0.3 cockpit, but I like the new meters and guages on this one, thats all :)
wrtlprnft
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by wrtlprnft »

No clue about your problem, rico. You could try with a fresh user.cfg (and user_3_0.cfg and user_3_1.cfg), maybe the font settings are messed up or something.

There's a new build, r8003, on aabeta. There's a couple of z-man fixes that have been merged to the trunk (including some bug where player walls would stay visible), as well as a chunk of code by philippeqc, zonesv2 seems to work over the network now. There's also a better stereo view now, try CAMERA_EYE_DISTANCE .005, CAMERA_EYE_1_COLOR 1, START_FOV_1 40 (and appropriate camera settings so you can see more than just the floor).
There's no place like ::1
voodoo
Core Dumper

Post by voodoo »

First, I'm playing with these build for a few days (mainly local game). I use to have some weird behavior with previous build: a kind of delay between the keystroke and the effective turn even in local game (using windows xp on a macbook. Driver is an nvidia one) ...
It seems it's not the case anymore.

It still hang sometime, probably a bit more than with the 0.3.0 official build but not to much. It usually happens to me:
- when I just run the program so the screen hang on the menu but there's no respons anymore
- when I start a online game and try to chat before the full first sync is over
In both cases I need to kill the program and restart it. No big deal anyway.

I'm also playing with textures and new cockpit features. here's a picture of a left/front/right alerter.
I just wonder if it's possible to affect the color/alpha/shape of the white line that mark the gauge position (I don't know the name in english ;) ). I didn't find it in the doc...
Attachments
simple try with textures ...
simple try with textures ...
wrtlprnft

Post by wrtlprnft »

Nice screenshot!
No clue about your hangs, but I hope I'm not responsible for them. Sometimes the AIs seem to cause short hangs with complicated maps, which is annoying but goes away in network games.
The line color is currently hardcoded to (1,1,1,1), but it's buggy (thanks for the hint): if the right half of the gauge (ie the background for non-inverted gauges) is using a texture it'll be drawn with that texture. You can use a transparent texture to get rid of the line for now. Obviously I need to fix that and make the color configurable.
wrtlprnft

Post by wrtlprnft »

wrtlprnft wrote:Obviously I need to fix that and make the color configurable.
Done. There's a new build, r8042. It adds a new attribute, LineColor, to (Vertical)BarGauges. It works just like the background and foreground and defaults to white.
Flex
Round Winner

Post by Flex »

voodoo wrote:...I'm also playing with textures and new cockpit features. here's a picture of a left/front/right alerter....
I was just wondering what those shapes were..

I'm quite intregued with your cockpit abit, care to share once you're complete? :)

http://wiki.armagetronad.net/index.php? ... kpits_list
voodoo
Core Dumper

Post by voodoo »

@wrtl: thx for the fix, it's cleaner without those lines ;).

I figure out that the hangs are actually related to the switch from fullscreen to windowed mode. It might be related to the graphic card's driver: it's the one apple deliver with boot camp for nvidia gpu, seems to be an nvidia one btw ... I removed the unproper binding I set by myself to avoid accidental switch and that's far better now.

@flex: sure. Once I have something clean, I'll put it there ...[/list]
wrtlprnft

Post by wrtlprnft »

New experimental release: r8253

It includes a fix for a bug that would sometimes drastically reduce the framerate and some other stuff.
wrtlprnft

Post by wrtlprnft »

Another build, r8293, just went online. It contains all the changes in the latest 0.2.8.3 alpha.
m¡st
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by m¡st »

make a mac one next ;)
"Drat!"
wrtlprnft

Post by wrtlprnft »

I don't own a mac.
dlh just fixed the mac build, maybe he can release a binary.
wrtlprnft

Post by wrtlprnft »

There's new build, r8355, that has some primitive paste support: you can copy from another application and then paste anywhere that accepts text (for example chat, console, player name, instant chat strings). It appears to work on linux and windows, I can't test on MacOS.
dlh
Formerly That OS X Guy

Post by dlh »

wrtlprnft wrote:There's new build, r8355, that has some primitive paste support: you can copy from another application and then paste anywhere that accepts text (for example chat, console, player name, instant chat strings). It appears to work on linux and windows, I can't test on MacOS.
Paste works on Mac OS X now too.
AdyLucifer
Average Program

Post by AdyLucifer »

where can i get some 0.3 release without the mods u've done this year(the first 0.3 u've released), its lagging like hell for me for some reason.
I've looked on SF and theres nothing.Thanks.
The death is so sure of its victory,that it gives us a whole life to try escape.