3 things I'd like to see in the new Armegatron

What do you want to see in Armagetron soon? Any new feature ideas? Let's ponder these ground breaking ideas...
«XLR8» AEROjet

3 things I'd like to see in the new Armegatron

Post by «XLR8» AEROjet »

Here they are:

1. I better looking cycle, (more like the one on the loading page or in the movie) It looks so lame and the wheels arn't all that round. I will try to upload a 3D model or something of mine.

2. Some bug fixes, this version is filled with them, and yes they are annoying.

3. Audio chat like on XBox live or something, I know SpaceZone has already sorta done that, but on other servers, its very hard to chat and play at the same time.

I donno, those are just some ideas of mine that I have seen as I have been playing. Oh yeah, another thing i just remembered is more modibility all around for your trails, cycle, server and stuff. So i guess thats 4. eh whatever.
visit: freewebs.com/xlr8clansite
Lucifer
Project Developer

Post by Lucifer »

Hey, look, we've got another guy who can only "pwn noobs".

Be the devil's own, Lucifer's my name.
- Iron Maiden
Ricochet
Round Winner

Post by Ricochet »

some descriptions of the bugs you come across might be remotely helpful, mr. noob-pwner
ender
Average Program

Post by ender »

Ok...

Lightcycle: http://forums.armagetronad.net/viewtopic.php?t=13651

Audio chat: There are team speak servers, well at least there were for a while. I'm sure people are still using it though... I couldn't find a topic on it in the forums.. Well I just didn't want to take the time to. :P

...And the bugs well lol. :wink:
Fonkay
Match Winner

Post by Fonkay »

On the topic of bugs. I'd like to take this time to thank the people on the dev team for doing such good work this year. When people bring up bugs now, I think to myself "what bugs?". I know there are still bugs, and there will probably always be bugs.
Anyhow, thinking back to when you'd random jump tails, and explode randomly only a year or so ago, this is fine.
Ok, before I start to ramble on too much, Thanks again.
This post does not come with any form of Warranty or Return Policy.
If you're unhappy with this post, please feel free to suck it up and move on.
DrJoeTr0n
"On a Roll. Paper wise."

Post by DrJoeTr0n »

My servers have a teamspeak server linked to them already. Although not a soul uses it.
Lucifer
Project Developer

Post by Lucifer »

Joe, it is completely your fault your players are soulless.

Be the devil's own, Lucifer's my name.
- Iron Maiden
QUARG
Round Winner

Post by QUARG »

On the subject of bugs.
The only question i would like to ask is what is the reason for the sudden apearence of insta kills after the update to version 0.2.8.1? I personay dont remember having them in version 0.2.7.
I know that its due to the differential between a high ping player and a low ping player, but is there a way to compensate the client side or server side?
I took a look at the differencces between the command lists of both versions and found that 0.2.8.1 had many additions.

And as for voice chat, over at ID we have a Team Speak server that is available to all players. You can find the IP in the header when you join the server.
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Re: 3 things I'd like to see in the new Armegatron

Post by Phytotron »

«XLR8» AEROjet wrote:1. blah blah etc.
Turn on the moviepack, genius.
Luke-Jr
Dr Z Level

Re: 3 things I'd like to see in the new Armegatron

Post by Luke-Jr »

«XLR8» AEROjet wrote:2. Some bug fixes, this version is filled with them, and yes they are annoying.
What version? 0.3.0 is supposed to be buggy-- that's why it's called experimental.
«XLR8» AEROjet wrote:3. Audio chat like on XBox live or something, I know SpaceZone has already sorta done that, but on other servers, its very hard to chat and play at the same time.
Have a LAN party. I think this would be considered a "low priority bug" ;)
«XLR8» AEROjet wrote:Oh yeah, another thing i just remembered is more modibility all around for your trails, cycle, server and stuff. So i guess thats 4. eh whatever.
Was planned at one point, at least.