Armagetron Terminology

Anything about how you get those awesome core-dumps, or why you don't get them...
nicolas.b
Grid Clown
Location: west philly Quotation: "Everybody's stuck being a moderator, but me. Sweet!"

Post by nicolas.b »

Communist wrote:AHEM!.... lol, Mao is going to core dump you on the grid someday and make you regret that....

BTW the official assessment indicates he's 70% right, 30% wrong, so I guess to some of you crazy western people that 30% really hit hard...
hehe, and i expect his ping charity will be 65535, no? seriously, what official assessment are you talking about, commie?

BTW, pachinko is japanese, not chinese, and is more their version of slot machines (gambling) than it is pinball. many of the new ones are completely on video. you can see a nice one on MAME called 'sexy reaction'.
RUDEBOY!
Match Winner

Post by RUDEBOY! »

its a comic strip, none of you read penny arcade? its at http://www.penny-arcade.com

its really geeky but hilarious if youre into gaming
n54
MVP

Post by n54 »

70/30 what? btw no offence but i think china is about as communist as a big mac :mrgreen: (and i don't mind at all) *hides from communist* :wink:
RUDEBOY!
Match Winner

Post by RUDEBOY! »

id call china's political system communism lite
Communist
Average Program

Post by Communist »

With the current situation it's hardly communist at all, in fact, I'd say it's more capitalist right now in China than it has ever been in the USA. *sigh*, rudeboy you're actually giving them a compliment by calling it "communism lite"

What I'd like to see them have is an FDA-type agency that actually has some sort of power; thus the control of diseases resulting from consumption of miscellaneous animal parts...

The official assessment of Mao is a statement made by the Party shortly after his death, btw.

And yes, pachinko is japanese

BUT... going back to terms... apparently subby has a secret genetic engineering lab in his backyard and thus he has created the ultimate pet: the crocatiel! It's a cross between crocodile and cockatiel, it's about the size of a human hand, and it somehow likes to feast on seeds and people... very interesting...

watch out for crocatiels on the game grid, they're extremely dangerous, although somewhat silly as well
I like rice. And all other kinds of Chinese food.

http://commutron.iwarp.com <-- very infrequently updated
Marrow
MVP - Project Contributor

Post by Marrow »

Communist wrote:With the current situation it's hardly communist at all, in fact, I'd say it's more capitalist right now in China than it has ever been in the USA. *sigh*, rudeboy you're actually giving them a compliment by calling it "communism lite"

What I'd like to see them have is an FDA-type agency that actually has some sort of power; thus the control of diseases resulting from consumption of miscellaneous animal parts...

The official assessment of Mao is a statement made by the Party shortly after his death, btw.

And yes, pachinko is japanese

BUT... going back to terms... apparently subby has a secret genetic engineering lab in his backyard and thus he has created the ultimate pet: the crocatiel! It's a cross between crocodile and cockatiel, it's about the size of a human hand, and it somehow likes to feast on seeds and people... very interesting...

watch out for crocatiels on the game grid, they're extremely dangerous, although somewhat silly as well
I too saw the crocatiel. A fierce :twisted:, but silly character indeed! :wink:

Commie called it a pet, lol. Pets that eat people can be trouble!
locutus
Match Winner
Location: MST [Quotation: "No Good Deed Ever Goes Unpunished.."]

Post by locutus »

sorry, last time I played pahcinko was in 1978, gimme a break guys

hehe
n54
MVP

Post by n54 »

*notes one break for loc* kidding :D

i don't think anyone here wants to... *umm what kind of term should i use?* ...catch/trap (?) anyone else so you don't really need that break loc :wink:

i'm struggling not to get too political, but whatever one's opinion about china i think it's worth remembering that most problems in society are scaleable and increase with population numbers/density.

*removes long political rant* lucky you guys lol :mrgreen:

anyway we live in interesting times ("may you live in interesting times" is a chinese "curse" afaik)
Communist
Average Program

Post by Communist »

n54 wrote:("may you live in interesting times" is a chinese "curse" afaik)
It is... for the most interesting times (to historians at least) are the ones with the most turmoil, and thus the greatest possibily for misfortune to befall you :twisted:

New term (well maybe one that I didn't notice was popular): paperclip

refers to when you 180 into a dead end, but then 180 back to get out of that, such that the walls you make form the shape of a paperclip.

*needs a picture*, or just go wach the crocatiel make paperclips and double paperclips for you :)
I like rice. And all other kinds of Chinese food.

http://commutron.iwarp.com <-- very infrequently updated
locutus
Match Winner

Post by locutus »

term added...
locutus
Match Winner

Post by locutus »

I heard a great term the other day, "Mach Jesus" and I like it so new term added:

mj = mach jesus = 2 fast for own good...

hehe
n54
MVP

Post by n54 »

lol thats a fun term :D

all we need now is to fix the ressurection bit (= in-game respawning) :mrgreen:
Marrow
MVP - Project Contributor

Post by Marrow »

n54 wrote:lol thats a fun term :D

all we need now is to fix the ressurection bit (= in-game respawning) :mrgreen:
I've thought about having the instant win zone make you immortal, but the round doesn't end. The game continues. So, it's not instant win anymore, but instant immortality. lol

You'd drive though it, then nobody can kill you.
Tank Program
Forum & Project Admin, PhD

Post by Tank Program »

Once again, entierly possible... Maybe...
Majination
Hero Of 2004

Post by Majination »

n54 wrote:all we need now is to fix the ressurection bit
bit manipulation rocks.

XOR IT! =)
http://bikecolors.shorturl.com -- ArmageTron Multi-Color Bike Picker
"Stimpy, sometimes your wealth of ignorance astounds me!" - Ren Hoek