Most of you idiots dont know ****.

Anything about how you get those awesome core-dumps, or why you don't get them...
/dev/null
Shutout Match Winner

Most of you idiots dont know ****.

Post by /dev/null »

The only useful strategy is to be taught.

You show me a strategy guide that can make suck into mediocre.
Last edited by Tank Program on Sun Dec 28, 2014 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: title
Light
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Re: Most of you idiots dont know dick.

Post by Light »

Uhm, what's the point of this? Just to start an argument? If you want better guides, and those who make them don't know enough, then make them yourself. That's always an option.

I can't tell if that's your problem though, or if you think guides are useless in general. Either way, it seems like a very unproductive post.
RoterBaron1337
Core Dumper

Post by RoterBaron1337 »

1. Be a noob and join fort server when roter is in
2. Laugh at roters jokes and say that you are a noob
3. ???
4. "Pro"fit
Kappa
Magi
Match Winner

Post by Magi »

RoterBaron1337 wrote:1. Be a noob and join fort server when roter is in
2. Laugh at roters jokes and say that you are a noob
3. ???
4. "Pro"fit
lol roter is so funny, im a noob
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

bye
Durf
Match Winner

Post by Durf »

What Light said, if you don't like it, make a better one yourself.
"If you want something done right, you gotta do it yourself"

That being said, I don't agree with your opinion that the only useful strategy is to be taught.
If one has the ability to teach himself (from a comprehensive understanding of one's self) then all that is needed is to know what to teach (being observant enough to recognize what to learn; then the discipline of applying it - perhaps a creativeness for coming up with a training method that focuses on a certain skill).

A guide isn't meant to replace a teacher; it is exactly what it should be, a guide.
(a guide can assist in self-teaching by showing a more obvious path to follow)

Furthermore, often times a strategic guide (such as fort strategies) highly depend on what the student already knows. If knowledge prerequisites aren't met then a new concept that depends on them can't be learned,

I had plans for making a "Tron School", with grades for people to follow.
Albeit I didn't actually get around to that, I still might get around to it sometime soon.
These would be "idiot-proof" tutorials that people can do at their own pace, and re-read if needed.

..Soon enough I will show you a guide that takes a complete noob (just installed tron) to a full-blown tron developer (more than just player)....but not too soon, that's a lot of work!

All in all, I somewhat agree with the topic title, but I disagree with your reasoning for it (your post)
Titanoboa

Post by Titanoboa »

Sorry /dev/null, there are no tutorials or guides in existence (past, present or future) that can salvage your skills. You'll have to suck it up and keep losing. :ghost:
/dev/null
Shutout Match Winner

Post by /dev/null »

I agree with part of what you fellows have said. Getting your ass kicked repeatedly will also make you better.

At the same time, I'd be damn impressed if someone could make up a guide that could take a newbie up to "decent" in under 3 months.

After over a decade of tron, the only way ive seen work is learning by doing. Either by doing it yourself the hard way, or having someone walking you through the hard ways and showing where and why you are ******* up.

As for you titan, I still regularly stomp ass, lol.
Gonzap
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Gonzap »

In which server? yellow submarine kind of crap? Join a sumo server, and I'll gladly teach you how to play this game.
compguygene
Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by compguygene »

Nice to see you around these forums Gonzap!
Armagetron: It's a video game that people should just play and enjoy :)
https://bit.ly/2KBGYjvCheck out the simple site about TheServerPharm
RoterBaron1337
Core Dumper

Post by RoterBaron1337 »

no comp.. its actually not.....
Kappa
/dev/null
Shutout Match Winner

Post by /dev/null »

Gonzap wrote:In which server? yellow submarine kind of crap? Join a sumo server, and I'll gladly teach you how to play this game.
Im sure you would, sumo has broken rubber, and no one attacks. Its the epitome of a server full of runners. Ill stick to deathmatch. Id rather attack my enemies than just try to hide in a box long enough to push them out a ******* rainbow colored cockring. Its a shame so many formerly good players went full boring. I still fight everyone at their own terms, including sumo. No need to have a special set of rules.
Lucifer
Project Developer

Post by Lucifer »

/dev/null wrote:
Gonzap wrote:In which server? yellow submarine kind of crap? Join a sumo server, and I'll gladly teach you how to play this game.
Im sure you would, sumo has broken rubber, and no one attacks. Its the epitome of a server full of runners. Ill stick to deathmatch. Id rather attack my enemies than just try to hide in a box long enough to push them out a ******* rainbow colored cockring. Its a shame so many formerly good players went full boring. I still fight everyone at their own terms, including sumo. No need to have a special set of rules.
Back when I was actually good, I found that attacking in sumo was an extremely effective strategy.

Be the devil's own, Lucifer's my name.
- Iron Maiden
takburger
Match Winner

Post by takburger »

Lucifer wrote:
/dev/null wrote:
Back when I was actually good, I found that attacking in sumo was an extremely effective strategy.
but he is mostly an idiot who don't know dick. I'm genuinely on topic though haha
Gonzap
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Gonzap »

As a matter of fact, there are plenty of sumoers who won tournments with an aggressive style, so get your shit together dude
Titanoboa

Post by Titanoboa »

Lucifer wrote:Back when I was actually good, I found that attacking in sumo was an extremely effective strategy.
Well I dunno which century that was ( 8) ), but yeah: it was.

Then everyone were amazed by Xyron & co (nothing against him) and tried to copy that style of play. The hopeless noobs who couldn't quite manage then started harassing everyone who "closed". I still attack and close, because sumo gets boring when everyone tries to maze around without going in anybody's way and it's basically a circle jerk, but if you do actually try to kill your opponents you'll have to put up with a lot of whining.

Sumo is a lot of fun when people try their best to win (which is why TST can be so popular sometimes, and the sumo bar tourney turned out to be a huge success), but because of the general atmosphere in public sumo, it's often impossible to achieve any competitive games. It happens occasionally though ^^