Loose Dogfighting Hostile to New Players; Rules not enforced

Anything about how you get those awesome core-dumps, or why you don't get them...
Lucifer
Project Developer

Re: Loose Dogfighting Hostile to New Players; Rules not enfo

Post by Lucifer »

Hey Phyto: How close is your Bebop in Harlem server play to the Breakfast in Hell it was cloning? If it's pretty close, can I get a copy of the config?

Be the devil's own, Lucifer's my name.
- Iron Maiden
Renegade
Core Dumper

Post by Renegade »

Fippmam wrote:
But since we're referring the op to fun servers, I'd like to suggest Happy Fun Time. The original one hosted by Cookie works well, but there's also another hosted by Light, iirc. It's basically an rpg styled mode, complete with wands, spells, and the like.
It's nice to play there when there are no bullies OP
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Post by Phytotron »

Fippmam wrote:Low rubber is hardly advantageous to multibinders.
Did I miss someone contending it was? The advantage of multibinding isn't only how it relates to rubber usage, but just plain turning, and the "combo moves" one can do with them. It's letting the game do work for you. In the case of a CYCLE_DELAY <0.1, this goes even further by facilitating turns that would be impossible with single-binding.

Doublebinding can, however, give a rubber-related advantage even in low(ish)-rubber servers, even with a 0.1 CYCLE_DELAY, when it comes to 180-grinding. Or I guess you all call it "double grinding" in Fortress. Doublebinding against a wall will typically use less rubber than double-tapping the same key. That is, if the rubber settings allow 180-grinding.
Lucifer wrote:Hey Phyto: How close is your Bebop in Harlem server play to the Breakfast in Hell it was cloning? If it's pretty close, can I get a copy of the config?
Some of the settings are listed in the announcement post here, with some rationality behind them given, though I can't presently confirm how many of those are still true. I don't have a config handy at the moment because a) I'm still having an issue with the external drive I'm trying to use to migrate/share data between my old Mac drive(s) and this one, and b) I don't have access to the server itself because Gene still hasn't set me up with Filezilla. :? I'll definitely pass one on to you once I get a hold of it myself.
compguygene
Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by compguygene »

Lucifer, would you prefer that I pm you the current Beebop in Harlem config, or post it here?
Armagetron: It's a video game that people should just play and enjoy :)
https://bit.ly/2KBGYjvCheck out the simple site about TheServerPharm
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Post by Phytotron »

Bebop. One 'E.' There's no such word as "beebop." http://forums3.armagetronad.net/viewtop ... 45#p253545

And I would rather you hold off on that, Gene, for several reasons, including there being a few areas where it's still unfinished.

In fact, on the subject...PM....
/dev/null
Shutout Match Winner

Post by /dev/null »

I can concur that a majority of the populated "loose df" servers do not enforce it at all. Unless you beat up someone with admin priveledges. Its kind of a bummer, since Ive been trying to improve my game at loose lately.