Talk to the wall cuz the player aint listenin'!

Anything about how you get those awesome core-dumps, or why you don't get them...
ConVicT
Shutout Match Winner

Talk to the wall cuz the player aint listenin'!

Post by ConVicT »

This is about players who moan, groan,
(probably a few have broken their hand punching a desk or some random inanimate object in aggravation )
When they are killed "in a noob way".
They will say ether, closer, rimmer, bd-er, in one case i said to someone i was lazy and that's why i closed and he accused me of potatoing couches :lol:

Anyway this is posted in strategy because i want to know some of your funny arguments as to combat these situations in a funny way, i've heard a few in my time on the grid. y'all must have some funnies :lol:
RoterBaron1337
Core Dumper

Re: Talk to the wall cuz the player aint listenin'!

Post by RoterBaron1337 »

after killing those flamers, write easy (like calling way too easy to kill you and this will let them rage harder and you can have more fun)

have your fun dont get your self down, unless there is a rule for not closing then you should start playing the right way
Kappa
bilbo baggins
Round Winner

Post by bilbo baggins »

RoterBaron1337 wrote:after killing those flamers, write easy (like calling way too easy to kill you and this will let them rage harder and you can have more fun)

have your fun dont get your self down, unless there is a rule for not closing then you should start playing the right way
or unless ur called roter, then just leave the server, leave tron, and leave life plz!!!
(jk btw <3 )
ConVicT
Shutout Match Winner

Post by ConVicT »

RoterBaron1337 wrote:after killing those flamers, write "easy"
Got to admit, when i am playing open ("properly" in my opinion, no matter what the server) players who kill me in a noob way and say it was "easy" really annoy me lol.
Worst of it is, if they kill me easily, I just go after them and nobody else, the more i try to do this, the more they keep killing me even more easily................RQ :lol:
Bytes
Round Winner

Post by Bytes »

It's true, the hardest people to kill deliberately are absolute noobs.
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Post by Phytotron »

Every bit of this thread demonstrates the continual decline of the Armagetron community.
/dev/null
Shutout Match Winner

Post by /dev/null »

I would say all the people who think open is the only way and try to act superior if you dont play thier way indicates the decline of the tron community. Its not a new thing either. A lot of players seem unable to grasp that others dont give a shit about playing open.
RoterBaron1337
Core Dumper

Post by RoterBaron1337 »

hahah, i was kidding if someone is annoying me i just hunt that guy down until he rqs and belive me.. i can get everyone to ragequit and thats quite funny.. well you can do either this to show that you are better or you just give them a topic to talk about in /msg and they dont pay that much attention anymore and you can kill them better
Kappa
/dev/null
Shutout Match Winner

Post by /dev/null »

You sound a lot like me, but without the skill. I will enjoy eating you. Props for the heart though
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Post by Phytotron »

/dev/null wrote:I would say all the people who think open is the only way and try to act superior if you dont play thier way indicates the decline of the tron community.
I was indeed referring in part to that, but I was also referring to the general gamer culture attitudes and lingo expressed by all those above. It's all bad.
ConVicT
Shutout Match Winner

Post by ConVicT »

All depends what game type you play.
All you closers in classic game play, as in *just a square map and all you do is "core dump"* are all boring as f**k to play with, go find a noob server or something, where they all close, and like it, and don't bother us in the open servers, it's simple really!
BUT! I think closing is a valid kill in Sumo or Fort, because if you're defending, then u have enough to deal with, but even at that, it leaves a hole, so you at least get some sort of deterrent as to not close (you're holing your own def!)
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope

Post by Phytotron »

ConVicT wrote:All you closers in classic game play, as in *just a square map and all you do is "core dump"* are all boring as f**k to play with, go find a noob server or something, where they all close, and like it, and don't bother us in the open servers, it's simple really!
Just further exemplifying my point. People like you are bad for this game, and gaming in general.
ConVicT
Shutout Match Winner

Post by ConVicT »

Phytotron wrote:
ConVicT wrote:All you closers in classic game play, as in *just a square map and all you do is "core dump"* are all boring as f**k to play with, go find a noob server or something, where they all close, and like it, and don't bother us in the open servers, it's simple really!
Just further exemplifying my point. People like you are bad for this game, and gaming in general.
That's like if i were to post on this forums and break every single rule, and you saying
"you're not allowed to say that here", then me saying
"well that's how i word things", then you saying
"well go say it somewhere else, it's not allowed here"
So are people like *us* who follow the rules as to what you can and can't say here bad for the forums?
We should all break all the forum rules and not go somewhere else to say it, cuz it will make for a better community?
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

Hey, past Z-Man, why don't you lock this thread before it turns into a total train wreck?

Dunno, maybe I like train wrecks?

Don't think this lock is giving Convict "the last word". I am merely freezing the tumbling mess of incoherent thoughts before they inevitably shatter on the rocks below. His dadaist question shall forever remain unanswered. What does it even mean, you will ask yourself. How did he get to this point? That, my friends, is art in its purest form.