Idea to make this game better...

Anything about how you get those awesome core-dumps, or why you don't get them...
LucK
Shutout Match Winner

Idea to make this game better...

Post by LucK »

Let me start off by saying sorry about not the whole WST thing I just got really busy.

Idk if anyone has suggested this before but here it goes. The skill level between teams that play competitively in this game is very lopsided. Look at the best teams that play in the ladle vs. the worst teams that plays in ladles. The weaker teams don't even stand a chance. The best players all join together and the less experienced players are left to suffer in mediocrity. If one of the weaker teams does have a player that does get really good at the game then they usually end up leaving the weak team to go play for a strong team. So what I propose is somewhat of a tron draft. 1 or 2 players are like team captains and 1 by 1 each team picks a player until a set cap is reached. Teams could then trade players and new players could be picked up like free agents. IMO I think this will balance out this game and make it fun for everyone. BOOM!

Yes I do feel this way because I suck but what do you guys think?
Venijn
Round Winner

Re: Idea to make this game better...

Post by Venijn »

LucK wrote:Let me start off by saying sorry about not the whole WST thing I just got really busy.

Idk if anyone has suggested this before but here it goes. The skill level between teams that play competitively in this game is very lopsided. Look at the best teams that play in the ladle vs. the worst teams that plays in ladles. The weaker teams don't even stand a chance. The best players all join together and the less experienced players are left to suffer in mediocrity. If one of the weaker teams does have a player that does get really good at the game then they usually end up leaving the weak team to go play for a strong team. So what I propose is somewhat of a tron draft. 1 or 2 players are like team captains and 1 by 1 each team picks a player until a set cap is reached. Teams could then trade players and new players could be picked up like free agents. IMO I think this will balance out this game and make it fun for everyone. BOOM!

Yes I do feel this way because I suck but what do you guys think?
I tried something like this in the Tronpions League.

I've had similar experiences with my clan.

I started it as an experiment to see if I could train "CTWF noobs" sound strategy (Provided from numerous sources,) and make them into better players. We're barely three months old, and half of my clan has already had offers from "better" clans.

Like you say, the good will always be good, and the bad will always be bad this way, but I don't believe a draft is the way to do it.

I'd rather clans just respected each other enough to not do this.
Click. Image
epsy
Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by epsy »

So uh… a pickup game? Do you mean in a tournament format? Has been proposed, has to be made happen.
Venijn
Round Winner

Post by Venijn »

epsy wrote:So uh… a pickup game? Do you mean in a tournament format? Has been proposed, has to be made happen.
He's talking about something a little more... permanent.
Click. Image
Desolate
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Desolate »

I don't feel like it works, some people would just not play well together if forced too, even if the teams are lopsided, synergies are created in the better teams at least, which have to be artificially replaced in a new permanent team. I would be fine doing it in a tournament or a league but you can't force a permanent change, as people change teams quite often anyway.
NiPz
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by NiPz »

Another good Idea may be to start an academy to train these players into becoming better tronners. Although experience and actual play is the best way to learn!