Best Defender - 2010?

Anything about how you get those awesome core-dumps, or why you don't get them...
Desolate
Shutout Match Winner

Best Defender - 2010?

Post by Desolate »

Thought I'd remake this topic: http://forums3.armagetronad.net/viewtop ... +defender* to see what everyone thought currently. No voting for yourself :P

I'd probably say emmy atm.
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Re: Best Defender - 2010?

Post by Phytotron »

BestDefender.png
BestDefender.png (12.22 KiB) Viewed 8287 times
:pacman: :sdot: :sdot: :sdot:
Clutch
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Clutch »

sine motherfudging wav
Boxed
syllabear
Shutout Match Winner

Post by syllabear »

I find luffy to be both effective (when on his team) and annoying (when against him, or in general conversation)

note, I actually think luffy is really cool in general conversation, and the above was a joke
The Halley's comet of Armagetron.
ps I'm not tokoyami
INW
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by INW »

BoxeD wrote:sine motherfudging wav
Err sinwav's def actually sucks unless my attacking skills are rediculously good...which they might as well be hehe...I would have to say the best defender is.........emmy! \o/

P.S. Oh wait...Deso already said him...hmmm...then I would have to agree with you Desolate.
owned
Shutout Match Winner

Post by owned »

I've always wanted to play emmy on defense. Maybe I should join another team for one ladle. :lol:
INW

Post by INW »

Join what ever team I play for...I welcome you woned! :mrgreen:
MrsKsr
Shutout Match Winner

Post by MrsKsr »

INW wrote:
BoxeD wrote:sine motherfudging wav
Err sinwav's def actually sucks unless my attacking skills are rediculously good...
Cmon dude.. No need to be rude about it.. Furthermore, as of late, afaik, he's been sharing a connection with 200 other people while playing, give the guy a break..
"You may say I'm a dreamer but I'm not the only one;
I hope some day you will join us, and the world can live as one"

“Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.”

I believe that to truly love is the ultimate expression of the will to live.
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Phytotron wrote:
BestDefender.png
Farking Win.
compguygene
Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by compguygene »

I am going to nominate freekill. He is the best in Armagetron at doing the "perfect sqare" he also can do many other styles of def, including this crazy freestyle thing. He is the only Fortress Player I have ever played with that mostly does not play shooting, that can mount a competent defence in Wild West Fortress Shootout. Normally, the best defenders there shoot as well as def! FreeKill has no need to shoot, but if he learned how would be even more awesome! Oh, did I mention that he is typically top or near top ranked in any gridstats.com listed server that he plays in!
And finally. He has served as a very important player on the Ladle winning teams he has participated in. I only know of three of said Ladle wins he has enjoyed, but I know he has won more than that. The last three Ladle wins were not clan based teams, but teams of the best clannless players to be found, proving that you don't have to be on a clan team to win a Ladle.
Armagetron: It's a video game that people should just play and enjoy :)
https://bit.ly/2KBGYjvCheck out the simple site about TheServerPharm
Titanoboa

Post by Titanoboa »

I'd have to say emmy because of the epic switch of direction he did in a ladle final or semi a few months ago, that reallly(!) impressed me, and a very solid def even though he has a fun def style and it's always a blast to play with/against him.

Luffy is a close runner-up and, give him a few more months, he'll be virtually unbeatable. He's already pretty much a legend in ctf, and he's getting there in fort too. Awesome defender, and improving fast.

Not very far behind them are free kill, insa, deso, sine, freako and nubilous who all have different attributes but all provide a solid def when needed. There are some more players that fit into this group, but I'm only naming the ones that I've seen defend in ladles.

Another defender that has impressed me lately is syllabear. Given some more practice, he'll be a solid def as well.

that's my opinion anyway :P

Also, props to Word and jedi.swiss for never giving up! You'll get there eventually, just keep at it. :snail:
compguygene

Post by compguygene »

Titanoboa wrote:I'd have to say emmy because of the epic switch of direction he did in a ladle final or semi a few months ago, that reallly(!) impressed me, and a very solid def even though he has a fun def style and it's always a blast to play with/against him.

Luffy is a close runner-up and, give him a few more months, he'll be virtually unbeatable. He's already pretty much a legend in ctf, and he's getting there in fort too. Awesome defender, and improving fast.

Not very far behind them are free kill, insa, deso, sine, freako and nubilous who all have different attributes but all provide a solid def when needed. There are some more players that fit into this group, but I'm only naming the ones that I've seen defend in ladles.

Another defender that has impressed me lately is syllabear. Given some more practice, he'll be a solid def as well.

that's my opinion anyway :P

Also, props to Word and jedi.swiss for never giving up! You'll get there eventually, just keep at it. :snail:
Back in the day when luffy was kinda new to fort and ladles, and I was a total n00b, and coaching Ww, we used to play a lot of 1v1 fort to work on our respective def's. I could see back then that luffy would supplant any other defender in the game someday! Luffy taught me about 70% of what i know about CTF def, and sine taught me another %20. And for those for those who were not around when luffy dominated ctf def, let me explain. Luffy was not just a legend for being an awesome def, but one that could do many many types of def! I am seeing him developing a truly unique "luffy def" in fortress! GZ to the luffmaster and R for having him. Yeah, by January 2011, I expect R to be pretty darned hard for anybody to beat with Luffy def and the rest of the team a group of well-skilled, experienced players that are playing a ton together! Be interesting to see how long R can hold onto that seed and when R gets their first Ladle win!
I really think Unk and R are going to give CT, SP and anybody else a serious bit of painful loss!
Titanoboa

Post by Titanoboa »

Oh stop, you're embarrassing us :lol:

:rat:
compguygene

Post by compguygene »

Well I really think R and Unk are both rather underestimated. I suppose, to be fair, I am going to have to write a similar post about UNK!
All I will say about Unk is this, a clan that sinewav joined and fits in at. I always knew if sine ever joined a clan, it would be a winner, just like Plus, the team that sine joined!
Titanoboa

Post by Titanoboa »

compguygene wrote:All I will say about Unk is this, a team that sinewav joined and fits in at. I always knew if sine ever joined a team, it would be a winner, just like Plus, the team that sine joined!
fixed