Hole At the Start? (Works better in 8v8 than 6v6)

Anything about how you get those awesome core-dumps, or why you don't get them...
Mecca
Match Winner

Re: Hole At the Start? (Works better in 8v8 than 6v6)

Post by Mecca »

Hoax wrote:Yes like all tactics eventually. I'm pretty sure this would work for more than 1 round against a team like vcl :D:D:D
It most likely would work for an entire match against us, LOL!

Here's the play by play:

1st time: Liz makes up some "wtf" excuse and we think it was a fluke, I nerd rage because someone center attacked.

2nd time: Liz has no idea wtf is going on and blames Airman (it is usually his fault anyways), TaZ makes a useless comment trying to help, and I nerd rage again (specifically targeting Airman).

3rd time: Liz yells at Airman again (LOL!), TaZ hops on the bandwagon and yells at Airman as well, Oak adds in some reason as to why he is sure it isn't his fault and Airman is the one who ****** up (even though nobody cares about what he might have to say (LOL!)), I nerd rage yet again and threaten to stop defending.

4th time: Everyone continues to yell at Airman, I ragequit defending and go to try to pull off some half-ass attack before TX wins the round, TaZ and Liz ask me wtf am I doing, and I respond with "**** off"

5th + time: We all just yell at Airman and I continue to ragequit defending.
Concord
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Concord »

Durka, trying to make some point, wrote:something silly, leaving off half Concord's point
Concord, reiterating the part of the quote Durka left off, wrote: Also, position 1 has to cover center while the hole develops.
DDMJ

Post by DDMJ »

Dude, you could respond to my comment at least...I left it off because center could obviously just quickly grind position 2's tail and then do the suicide/tk hole since he still hasn't touched the opponent's wall.

So now, if you want to actually want to respond with a real response, that would be nice.
Concord

Post by Concord »

I'm not speaking theoretically, I'm speaking from experience. You're making it unnecessarily complicated.
You're also forgetting another important defensive element, can you guess what it is?
teen
Round Winner

Post by teen »

Ive tried this SOOOOOOOOOO many times in a 4v4 5v5 6v6 and 8v8..

the easiest way is for pos 2 to grind normally then just go straight making a hole for pos 1 to go thru but then pos 1 goes down center and pos 3 follows. IF pos 3 goes down first then almost no possible way for pos 1 to go down. (somehow thats tron physics LOL)

to block your own center you just hope that pos 2 and 3 grinded more than a 4.5 which is sooo much easier to do without double grinding. Within 15 sec's pos 1 and 3 should be in the zone and pos 4 and 5 should be helping pos 6 set up def by making a huge "L" looking wall from the defenders wall to the start of the zone so its like they are making a box around him and by the time he sets up 1 goes and helps the gank or 2 if needed

Idk if i explained it right but WORKS WORKS WORKS WORKS WORKS

i thought of it and sine was in the server and i messaged him "YOOOO IM A GENIUS CHECK THIS OUT" but he already wrote a tactic on it LOL and told me to check it out
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

teen wrote:i thought of it and sine was in the server and i messaged him "YOOOO IM A GENIUS CHECK THIS OUT"
Hahaha, I remember that day! You we're doing all sorts of cool stuff that day. But you know what you should post teen? That thing you used to do where you double-grind the opponent's position-1or position-2 before going down their grind (actually, I need to remember to start doing that again). Pure genius.
teen
Round Winner

Post by teen »

sinewav wrote:
teen wrote:i thought of it and sine was in the server and i messaged him "YOOOO IM A GENIUS CHECK THIS OUT"
Hahaha, I remember that day! You we're doing all sorts of cool stuff that day. But you know what you should post teen? That thing you used to do where you double-grind the opponent's position-1or position-2 before going down their grind (actually, I need to remember to start doing that again). Pure genius.

i used to like that method which is double grinding on pos 1's tail and going down middle but with the help of watching i think it was woned or madmax, its sooo much simpler if you just dig once because there might not be enough room and you can die easier.

**TIP**TIP**TIP**

According to my knowledge of tron physics (i guess thats what ill call it unless it already has a name) if you are attempting to center and want to get through ... the more brakes you use on the wall the deeper you dig. I have actually tested this before. i grinded on a tail a 4.7 without brakes and then waited till my rubber hit 0 and tried it again with brakes and a 4.5 and went thru. Idk how or why but it just happend xD
owned
Shutout Match Winner

Post by owned »

I used to use that double grind technique but I stopped because a single grind grinds harder.

I guess tron physics are weird like that. :)
DDMJ

Post by DDMJ »

Concord wrote:I'm not speaking theoretically, I'm speaking from experience. You're making it unnecessarily complicated.
You're also forgetting another important defensive element, can you guess what it is?
You're so complicated and annoying. I don't get why avoid every question that I ask you. Is the defensive element that there will be a dead tail? If it is executed relatively fast enough the tail will disappear before the defender makes his defense.

And if that wasn't what it was, then JUST ******* SAY IT. Don't post bullshit on the forums, get to your point, don't keep people guessing...what's the point in that?

And I'm not making it unnecessarily complicated, I'm just posting a possible idea and what people think of it...I never said anyone had to use it.
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

owned wrote:I guess tron physics are weird like that. :)
I think that's because of CYCLE_RUBBER_MINDISTANCE_RESERVOIR actually.
Goodygumdrops
Round Winner

Post by Goodygumdrops »

DDMJ wrote:
Concord wrote:I'm not speaking theoretically, I'm speaking from experience. You're making it unnecessarily complicated.
You're so complicated and annoying. I don't get why avoid every question that I ask you. Is the defensive element that there will be a dead tail? If it is executed relatively fast enough the tail will disappear before the defender makes his defense.

And if that wasn't what it was, then JUST ******* SAY IT. Don't post bullshit on the forums, get to your point, don't keep people guessing...what's the point in that?

And I'm not making it unnecessarily complicated, I'm just posting a possible idea and what people think of it...I never said anyone had to use it.
just stick with camping and getting lucky, kid

leave strategy discussions to the real fort players like concord and sine.wav
The once and future "I told you so."
Concord

Post by Concord »

You had not asked me a question in this thread and I therefore disagree with your assertion that I avoid every question you ask me.

As you correctly asserted, the dead tail is not a major problem as long as one has conscious sweepers. Should the defender have half a brain as well, he will time his defense set up so that the dead tail never effects him.
The defensive liability is that after position 3 holes, one's own 3/5 gap is wide open for the opposing position 2 to center attack. His team has not yet lost a player either. There's a simple way to seal that gap as well. It requires position 3 to double grind, as the should be anyway.

I do not post bullshit on these forums, Durka
Last edited by Concord on Mon May 31, 2010 3:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
DDMJ

Post by DDMJ »

Concord wrote:I do not post bullshit on these forums, Durka. I also edit for grammar, spelling and typos because I care.
Durka, who doesn't edit for grammar, spelling or typos, and presumably doesn't care, wrote:I don't get why avoid every question that I ask you
Concord, who also doesn't edit for grammar, spelling or typos, and presumably doesn't care either, wrote:You had not asked me a question is this thread
We all do it dude, calm down.

I just wanted you to answer my "questions" (sure, they weren't actually questions...they were more like "Concord can you please explain your vague point in further detail please," which you finally did, so thank you.

)
Last edited by DDMJ on Mon May 31, 2010 4:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Concord

Post by Concord »

I'm very calm.
Mkay1
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Mkay1 »

DDMJ, who doesn't edit for grammar, spelling or typos, and presumably doesn't care, wrote:
Concord wrote:I do not post bullshit on these forums, Durka. I also edit for grammar, spelling and typos because I care.
Durka, who doesn't edit for grammar, spelling or typos, and presumably doesn't care, wrote:I don't get why avoid every question that I ask you
Concord, who also doesn't edit for grammar, spelling or typos, and presumably doesn't care either, wrote:You had not asked me a question is this thread
We all do it dude, calm down.

I just wanted you to answer my "questions" (sure, they weren't actually questions...they were more like "Concord can you please explain your vague point in further detail please," which you finally did, so thank you.
Where is the end of your parentheses? ;)
Because of fortress' new trend (of surviving as long as possible), this tactic seems not so nice. This is so because teams like vcl will hole you in an instant.