Strategy web site

Anything about how you get those awesome core-dumps, or why you don't get them...
leviathan

Strategy web site

Post by leviathan »

Tronstrats.com

we are still building up our guides (we started yesterday) the site includes most if not all game types and we need help writing more guides, if you have any plz post them. =) thnx
DDMJ
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by DDMJ »

epsy
Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by epsy »

been searching around and i still see no guide at all
leviathan

Post by leviathan »

you need to create an acc first, i'll have neal activate them all. We need help creating more guides, so far we only have ctf
epsy

Post by epsy »

*sigh*
DDMJ
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by DDMJ »

leviathan wrote:you need to create an acc first
why? :cry:
nsh22
Round Winner

Post by nsh22 »

i will activate all accounts who do not receive a confirmation email. just so you know
leviathan

Post by leviathan »

soz bout the other post, we didnt communicate about who would be posting here so we accidentally both did
nsh22
Round Winner

Post by nsh22 »

DDMJ wrote:
leviathan wrote:you need to create an acc first
why? :cry:
i dont mean to be mean (confusing, i know) but we want people to sign up for the site, rather than just going on, reading the strategies, and leaving. Most people who post strategies work extremely hard writying, and testing, these strategies, so it stands to reason that people sign in to read the, showing the author that people care enough and want to read their strategies. if you want to make an account to check it out, then want to delete it, just pm me or levi with a request and we will delet the account. thank you
nsh22
Round Winner

Post by nsh22 »

oh yeah, btw, im neal, the site founder and admin (levi is admin too)
hoop
Round Winner

Post by hoop »

DDMJ wrote:for the lazy
thank you :P
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

nsh22 wrote:...showing the author that people care enough and want to read their strategies.
Why not just have a hit counter on every page?

I would be interested in reading some strategies, but the fact you are not so forthcoming with the information kind of turns me off. It's not in the spirit of bettering the community IMO. Why create an unnecessary inconvenience? Besides, there are already two really great sites for Tron strategies:

Awesome site one
Awesome site two

:D
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

We've had this before with another forum: forcing people to sign up just to read things is bad. It has the opposite effect of what you want to achieve, people will pay less attention to your site. Plus, search engines won't index your content.
epsy

Post by epsy »

nsh22 wrote:Most people who post strategies work extremely hard writying, and testing, these strategies, so it stands to reason that people sign in to read the, showing the author that people care enough
the noob who just downloaded arma won't give a **** (w0wz w3 h45 t3h l33t w0rd c3|\|50|2!)
if you want your writers to be "rewarded" the view counter from phpbb is fine enough, if it's not enough for them, your writers are, i must say, not really contributing to the community
hoop
Round Winner

Post by hoop »

I admit I was curious, I clicked the link and searched for those guides, when I got:
You do not have the required permissions to read topics within this forum.
Wow, that's like a friend invites you "Hey guys! Come to my house, cool party, food, girls, drinks!!" and when they come you say "Oh, wait, you can't enter, unless you subscribe to my <inventanameforastupidassociation>" <<< bleah **** that
In other words, I simply closed the window