Looking for a good place to start...

Anything about how you get those awesome core-dumps, or why you don't get them...
dr_zaius0

Looking for a good place to start...

Post by dr_zaius0 »

As you may have already guessed, I'm new to the game, well aside from the fact that me and my friend LAN up at school sometimes. But other than that, I'm a complete and utter noob. What would be a good place to start to get me rolling with the best of 'em? Any settings I should know about/ adjust before I start playing for real? Thanks in advance!
Poop loop.
Jonathan
A Brave Victim

Post by Jonathan »

Settings shouldn't matter much as long as you're happy with the performance. Some people recommend unbinding the brake though, so you learn to play at higher speeds.

As for servers, many people don't appreciate newbies in fortress servers and start kicking and such immediately, because they don't know how to play it (even if enough can be learned in a few minutes to not disrupt the game too much). Other types of games shouldn't be nearly as problematic.
ˌɑrməˈɡɛˌtrɑn
DDMJ
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by DDMJ »

Try playing in ¬|Durka Durka Land|¬. It's very "noob friendly" to say the least ;).
Lucifer
Project Developer

Post by Lucifer »

Don't take advice from people who have large images in their signatures that say "I can only pwn noobz".

Be the devil's own, Lucifer's my name.
- Iron Maiden
DDMJ
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by DDMJ »

Lucifer wrote:Don't take advice from people who have large images in their signatures that say "I can only pwn noobz".
My signature is a play-off of P4's sig.
Self_Destructo
Round Winner

Post by Self_Destructo »

DDMJ wrote:
Lucifer wrote:Don't take advice from people who have large images in their signatures that say "I can only pwn noobz".
My signature is a play-off of P4's sig.
Still, I wouldn't listen to him. :twisted:

I must say, people don't mind noobs in sumo servers, because everyone loves those easy points. ;)
saragei
Core Dumper

Post by saragei »

I would suggest Nixda.net Classic, Eclipse'd or Yellow Submarine. A Spacezone Server if you like to test how you do with more speed. And where ever you play, tell people to go easy on you, because you are new to the game - most players will do so and some will even offer help.
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

Except those who say they pwn n00bs in their signatures :)
saragei
Core Dumper

Post by saragei »

z-man wrote:Except those who say they pwn n00bs in their signatures :)
Have never seen D.... on those servers, so I hope it to be a safe advice ;)
madmax
Round Winner

Post by madmax »

If you get used to the Nexus9 server, which has no rubber, you should probably gain some "I can't die" skills.
It's a pretty good server, and it's last man standing, no chance to ruin someone else's game.
Winner of the How Many Pages Before The Lock® competition and a grand total of 18,93 euros in Euromillions.