Training help please

Anything about how you get those awesome core-dumps, or why you don't get them...
owned
Shutout Match Winner

Re: Training help please

Post by owned »

It would probably be better to pm him. That way, the forum isn't cluttered up and the writer still gets the message.
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Post by Phytotron »

But if it remains public, it can serve as an example for future posters to follow.
owned
Shutout Match Winner

Post by owned »

For some reason I doubt that spammers are generally the type to listen to indirect advice aimed at someone else.
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Post by Phytotron »

Perhaps not spammers, but there are plenty of people who read around the forums before making posts that aren't spam in nature. What they read can set a standard for what is expected from them.
owned
Shutout Match Winner

Post by owned »

I guess...

Anyways, I hope this conversation can serve as an example to all people in the future who want to have conversations about the correct technique of teaching someone to use the writing technique that people use in a good conversation.
:D
DDMJ
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by DDMJ »

owned wrote:Anyways, I hope this conversation can serve as an example to all people in the future who want to have conversations about the correct technique of teaching someone to use the writing technique that people use in a good conversation.
:D
That won't work because of the topic's title.
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope

Post by Phytotron »

Phytotron wrote:...there are plenty of people who read around the forums before making posts.... What they read can set a standard for what is expected from them.
Whatever the title or subject.
Mecca
Match Winner

Post by Mecca »

Phytotron wrote:No, it's not fine that he types like that. It displays an anti-intellectualism, proud laziness, and disrespect to readers.
Actually, it does not show anti-intellectualism at all.

It does not show laziness either. He recognizes that time is a limited resource and has shortened his post to allow others more time to read your unnecessarily long posts, Phytotron.

Please explain how it shows disrespect to the readers.

on topic:

The best way to get better is just to play and have fun. When you die, analyze what you could have done to prevent that death and learn from the experience.

Pro tip: Don't hit the walls
epsy
Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by epsy »

u no dis wundt tak longr 2 rid if it ws proply writtn
gawdzilla
Liz of the many names

Post by gawdzilla »

Epsy turning into a dictator was only a matter of time, can't even spell the way you want to anymore. :(

Pushing boundaries:
yeh just d0 whut mecca sed.. alsow watch proez 2 improov

DOT.
compguygene
Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by compguygene »

Lizmatic wrote:Epsy turning into a dictator was only a matter of time, can't even spell the way you want to anymore. :(

Pushing boundaries:
yeh just d0 whut mecca sed.. alsow watch proez 2 improov

DOT.
Epsy being a dictator? I think not. He is using a bit of sarcasm to make a point that many of us share a belief in. The simple belief that making forum posts with decent spelling and grammar is important.
Armagetron: It's a video game that people should just play and enjoy :)
https://bit.ly/2KBGYjvCheck out the simple site about TheServerPharm
gawdzilla
Liz of the many names

Post by gawdzilla »

Cool story, bro.
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

th@ 5toopit p057 d353rz a wrng.

I personally would like to see this forum as an at least marginally cultured island in the muddy waters of the internet. Anyone expecting people to read what they write should take the time to write properly. txtspeek has its place where writing time or character counts are limited. Here, every post can be 60000 characters long. I don't personally complain about unreadable posts unless it gets extreme, but anyone with a lower complaining threshold gets my support.

And seriously, why did Mecca need to bump the off-topic discussion?
Lucifer
Project Developer

Post by Lucifer »

I skip unreadable posts. They usually take 3 times longer to read than posts that are readable. My time is better spent doing things I enjoy doing than reading crap from people who like to post crap.

Seriously.

I also don't really care that epsy edited the post to complain about it, I've been tempted to do so a few times myself.

I write complete sentences in text messages, too. :) It's easier to read two well-written text messages than it is to read one poorly-written text message.

Be the devil's own, Lucifer's my name.
- Iron Maiden
Mecca
Match Winner

Post by Mecca »

Sorry, I didn't read page 2.