no sealing?

Anything about how you get those awesome core-dumps, or why you don't get them...
QUARG
Round Winner

Post by QUARG »

on the topic of sealing. in any style of play it all comes down to common courtisy. if your opponent is open dogfighting, (taken from the fighter pilot term, or at least thats how we intended it to be used) i think its a matter of respect to return the favor or atleast specify what your intentions are. ofcourse if your in id high rubber and someone seals you in, i think it had to be expected.
im honestly quite fedup with the complaining about sealing in anyserver. this has come around with the new generation of players that i think misinterprated the game style wether it be low or high rubber. i have to say though that this phenomenon exists in almost all styles, take sumo for example. i dont play it much but when i do i tend to have an attacking style (due to my high rubber background) which i dont think is apreaciated by the hardcore sumo crowd. sumo seems to be more of a none contact sport were you need to push your oponent out instead of killing. conquer the pie as ive been told.
at the moment im gettings my feet wet in the low rubber pool and hope to see you all when im there.
Lucifer
Project Developer

Post by Lucifer »

I think after I've sealed you once, my intentions are clear. If they're not, maybe you need a reality check. :)

Be the devil's own, Lucifer's my name.
- Iron Maiden
QUARG
Round Winner

Post by QUARG »

HEHE so your the shoot first screww the questions type. ill make sure to watch my back.;)
Lackadaisical
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Lackadaisical »

I guess I consider myself from the hardcore sumo crowd, and I think the only people who aren't liking your attacking style are the ones getting pwned by it ;) Alot of the better sumo players are agressive players, and you might even go as far to say that it's what sets them apart from the not-quite-there-yet sumo players.
Lucifer
Project Developer

Post by Lucifer »

I don't know that I consider myself hardcore sumo player nor one of the better players, but I have to agree with lack. The best defense is a good offense, at least in sumo. The quicker you eliminate your opponents, the more points you get. :) Don't forget core dumps are worth points in sumo too.

One thing I've noticed is that direct attacks aren't as practical as they are on a more open grid. But indirect attacks work fine. Mazing incessantly might get you the last one standing, but the match winner is the one who goes and parasites himself off the other zones. :)

Be the devil's own, Lucifer's my name.
- Iron Maiden
Fonkay
Match Winner

Post by Fonkay »

I thought this topic would have (or at the very least should have) died off by now.
This post does not come with any form of Warranty or Return Policy.
If you're unhappy with this post, please feel free to suck it up and move on.
DrJoeTr0n
"On a Roll. Paper wise."

Post by DrJoeTr0n »

Last time I checked this was a video game, not a chivalries duel with knights. Just ******* kill each other with your pretend motorcycles.
Lackadaisical
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Lackadaisical »

Last time I checked this was a forum dedicated to that video game. Just because you don't think it has the depth like some of us do doesn't mean you need to get all derogatory on us.
tonybbb
Average Program

Post by tonybbb »

Lol 6 pages long wow this must be a good post
Signature:
DrJoeTr0n
"On a Roll. Paper wise."

Post by DrJoeTr0n »

Lackadaisical wrote:Last time I checked this was a forum dedicated to that video game. Just because you don't think it has the depth like some of us do doesn't mean you need to get all derogatory on us.
Sorry buddy. Nothing personal. However to me, giving yourself a handicap and throwing a tantrum because someone decides to play the game the way its supposed to be played hardly qualifies as "depth".

I mean unless there are servers out there that are strictly made for not sealing, then by all means play the house rules...in the house. My comments are mainly directed toward the people who take it into the normal play servers. Its like bringing a knife to a gun fight, and getting mad because everyone brought their guns. :|
Starbuck
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by Starbuck »

i agree with Joe.

I just want to know, guns, or knife...either way...ur gonna explode in a ball of light that looks purdey. :wink:

I've been on "open" servers with a rubber of 14??? WTF is that?

4 or 5 is best, G-land, Swamp, SwampII- great open play.

8)
Music is a higher revelation than all wisdom and philosophy.

Ludwig van Beethoven
/dev/null
Shutout Match Winner

Post by /dev/null »

Two things.

1. I miss ish.

2 I'm blaming this whole discussion on the move from 2.6
philippeqc
Long Poster - Project Developer - Sage

Post by philippeqc »

/dev/null wrote:Two things.

1. I miss ish.

2 I'm blaming this whole discussion on the move from 2.6
A yes, lets remenis about this simpler time, where people where honorable, politician didnt filander and men removed their hats in the presence of their elders. A time where web 1.0 was all we needed, people used to write meaninful blogs entries, 28.8K was a fast modem, where you had 3 types of floppy (3.25, 5.5 and 8.5 inches *), cd's wherent used as coaster and you still had more money in the bank than bytes in the computer.

I'm personnaly blaming all of this on the constant decline of the use of spirographs by kids.

/ph

*) Oups, I'm forgetting the exacty size of the floppy. I'm only sure of the part before the decimal point. Feeling bored? Google it up yourself!
Canis meus id comedit.
l33t d34th

Seriously ppls...

Post by l33t d34th »

Im kinda a nub lol, but the basic i dea of the game looks more like do whatever you can to win, so sealing is fine. If you cant beat it, STFU and leave the server or get better- no one is forcing you to play there
W00t! ph34r t3h l33tn355!
l33t d34th

Post by l33t d34th »

also, just noticed, but wtf is a spirograph? =P
W00t! ph34r t3h l33tn355!