no sealing?

Anything about how you get those awesome core-dumps, or why you don't get them...
root down
Round Winner

no sealing?

Post by root down »

i was playing today and someone god mad at me for killing them :(

are there servers where people don't/aren't allowed to seal? how do they expect the game to end?

rickybobby = cannabisclubber
Attachments
sealing.JPG
Lucifer
Project Developer

Post by Lucifer »

Quit being so gay!

Actually, this is a fairly recent thing, afaik. You're supposed to leave a little space and make crazy mazes. It's basically what people who are smart enough not to call themselves "elite rubber players" but still too wussy to play the game do.

(exceptions, of course. Your_mom has been playing like that for a long time, you know, not sealing)

Be the devil's own, Lucifer's my name.
- Iron Maiden
Your_mom
Match Winner

Post by Your_mom »

Hey, they even yell at me. I think luci explained it as well as anyone can(except i think they still call themselves "rubber players" sans the elite). One of the reasons no one(decent) plays at swampland or shrunkland anymore.(btw in case i wasn't clear I'm not one of them(the complainers that is))

(/me waits for shrunkland and swampland fans to retaliate)

ot
I wish limbo had been more popular, now there was a good last man standing server. Guess I'm the only one who likes it when you cant 180 repeatedly on the rim.

Edit: some clarification
Fonkay
Match Winner

Post by Fonkay »

/me retaliates
This post does not come with any form of Warranty or Return Policy.
If you're unhappy with this post, please feel free to suck it up and move on.
Tank Program
Forum & Project Admin, PhD

Post by Tank Program »

Back in the good old days, getting your grind tight enough to seal was the point... Wasn't it?
Fonkay
Match Winner

Post by Fonkay »

I think that it still is. If you want to leave an opening for other people to get out, than that's fine, but forcing other people to do the same is where the problem starts. And it wouldn't be so bad if it was a server to server thing like rubber is. I don't like high rubber servers, so I just stay away from them, but this new fad seems to follow you around. High rubber players coming into shrunk and yelling at me cause I 'close'. The whole point or arma I thought, was to cut people off so that they run into your wall and explode. And instead of being one of those short lived things, this seems to be becoming more of a rule than an exception.
akira
Core Dumper

Post by akira »

Agreed. I like Shrunkland but lately there are alot of people there who cry:"open! you noob closer!" etc. Besides the juvenile side of this they totally underestimate the zoning aspect of tron. Of course there are some real elite players (anumeric f.e.) who can maze forever and thus are hard to box. But that is the exception.

I wish this whole shit would just die and everyone can play like she/he wants again.
Joe
Core Dumper

Post by Joe »

I remember when i first started playing on shrunk and would get kicked numerous times for sealing scope in and he would harrass everyone that sealed him. Since he is gone now, maybe you should put a round message or a message when you join that sealing is ok and if someone is harrassed about it to post a pic and have the person kicked for a week.
Fonkay
Match Winner

Post by Fonkay »

Silly didn't play open. Maybe you're confused about your reasons for being kicked.
DrJoeTr0n
"On a Roll. Paper wise."

Post by DrJoeTr0n »

I've been doing my best to rid shrunkland of those whiney OMG PLAY OPEN people, and clearly the message of "stop shitting up stupid the server with your weird ass rules" isn't quite sinking in and apparently I'm not banning people hard enough. I must not be doing a very good job modding V:(V
Jonathan
A Brave Victim

Post by Jonathan »

People should really learn to grind. Although I'm pretty absent from the game, some months ago I did play it for a while. At one point I was in a server where repeated grinds are pretty much impossible, but where deep grinds work exceptionally well, and the rim is as deterministic as any other wall. It was also rather laggy (in all networking senses of the word, whether you accept them or not; my connection would even regularly drop for a few seconds) so by getting too close I'd shoot myself in the foot most of the time. The result was that we'd often arrive at the rim. Whenever I used it, even if I used just a quarter of my rubber (a grind that should be easy to beat, and I can't easily re-block him in the process), he couldn't beat the grind if he tried and complained.
ˌɑrməˈɡɛˌtrɑn
root down
Round Winner

Post by root down »

so where do the 'decent' players play now? i've seen a few good players on swampland servers, most notably loc.
Lackadaisical
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Lackadaisical »

From the gosh-breakfast crowd I see both eggcozy and help i'm a bug regularly, they play on sumo/fort servers.
Lucifer
Project Developer

Post by Lucifer »

Yeah, sumo and fortress are where the old guys hang out, with some of them hitting up the capture the flag servers (anjori, kamp, me, a few others). If you like teams, go for fortress. If you don't, then sumo is what you really want. :) If you like teams and check out ctf, be prepared to deal with more whiners, mostly of the "I'm an idiot, please respawn me" variety. You'll need to develop a thick skin to deal with those guys, but I think CTF is worth it.

Of course, I like teams a *lot*.

Be the devil's own, Lucifer's my name.
- Iron Maiden
Outside Corner Grinder

Post by 2020 »

regarding this closing business...

i played a non-zone game a few months back for some reason
and just got bored
people would close
and since they were much better at those multiple dg's
i was effectively locked out...

so
isn't this call for keeping it open
an emergent thing
from players who have got bored with sealing
and wish to produce more interesting game play...?

what do i care
anyhooo
since i almost exclusively play fortress
hold the line