Fortress Opening: On the proper use of double-grinding

Team Strategies go here, if you want to share that is...
theroze
Match Winner

Re: Fortress Opening: On the proper use of double-grinding

Post by theroze »

compguygene wrote:About 3 months ago, Destiny noticed when we played CT that they make a particularly good use of double grinding. Literally, the entire team double grinds at the start in a very careful manner, such that they get the advantages of speed and spreading out to take up the as much of the grid as possible.
I, slashy and B3eR did that together, if pos 2 grind something like 3 > Rubber, pos 3 will get something like 105 speed.
apparition wrote:You being able to kill so many players that quickly and efficiently is evidence that the community skill level must be dropping... Sad :/
Reigning champion of: Sir-spam-a-lot 2011
compguygene
Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by compguygene »

theroze wrote:
compguygene wrote:About 3 months ago, Destiny noticed when we played CT that they make a particularly good use of double grinding. Literally, the entire team double grinds at the start in a very careful manner, such that they get the advantages of speed and spreading out to take up the as much of the grid as possible.
I, slashy and B3eR did that together, if pos 2 grind something like 3 > Rubber, pos 3 will get something like 105 speed.
When Ww has done it in a few clan wars, we were able to pretty much dominate the other team and get kills quickly, while leaving plenty of time for our defense to fully setup.
Armagetron: It's a video game that people should just play and enjoy :)
https://bit.ly/2KBGYjvCheck out the simple site about TheServerPharm
Mecca
Match Winner

Post by Mecca »

compguygene wrote:
theroze wrote:
When Ww has done it in a few clan wars, we were able to pretty much dominate the other team and get kills quickly, while leaving plenty of time for our defense to fully setup.
Which clan wars?

Can I see the videos?
PsYkO
Core Dumper

Re:

Post by PsYkO »

~*PsYkO*~ wrote:Ok, I'm the originator of this "tactic." It is a great strategy and the people who think it is useless are nubtards. Listen, I will guess about five people can do it right. The rest of the people that do it make many mistakes and hurt the team more than help, and this is why some people have the wrong idea about it. And those who think it is selfish are wrong as well...the only person that "loses" from a double grinder is center. I mean if the double grinder does it right, the center's loss is so miniscule, and the side that the double grinder is on gains so much...

Meri - Center doesn't have to break to the other side of the double grinder. I double grind every time if I'm next to center and if center complains about getting killed because I turned too late, then I will turn later than next round and try to make everyone happy.

Also Meri, double grinding is an effective way to stop a middle attack. For one it helps to grind hard on the center so its hard to squeeze through and two if the person squeezes the center than they get stuck in the end tails of everyone because they don't expect the way the double grinder's wall lays out.

Come on nemo, you think that the double grinder is hurting the team more than helping but in turn you are the one who is hurting the team more than helping.

I hate the people that grind so hard when they are the secondary wing for no reason other than the pleasure of team killing and then making out like they didn't do anything.
**** yeah who's right! hahahaha :P
PsYkO
Core Dumper

Post by PsYkO »

damn I used to be a dumbass...my very immature days lol.