The Most Amazing Center Ever

Team Strategies go here, if you want to share that is...
Titanoboa
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Re: The Most Amazing Center Ever

Post by Titanoboa »

Phytotron wrote:
Titanoboa wrote:(a 4.9 doublegrind isn't worth much)
Nor any other needlessly specific value you guys always put on rubber.
I guess what I meant was "even a 4.9 doublegrind isn't worth much". It's there to give the reader a reference. Sorry if I wasn't clear enough. And that paranthesis was only there to clarify why I chose to say "single grinder".
Phytotron wrote:...("Grind at 4.9023485793457 not 4.809283457 u stupid noob!") Why? Because that's not a universal, grid-wide measure of the closeness of the grind; it's a measure of the amount of rubber you used at your specific speed at the time you made that specific grind. Rubber consumption is determined by the distance that would have been traveled had you not hit that wall, which in turn is determined by your speed at that moment. (That is, of course, with _TIMEBASED set at the traditional 0, which it is in every single Fortress server.) So, a "4.9" grind at one speed can be beat by a "4.3" grind at another. (And, of course, every grind can theoretically be beat—and irrespective of "a lucky lag.")
Are you correcting me or are you trying to complement my post? If you re-read it you'll (sooner or later) see that I addressed everything in your post, but in a less technical and more practical way, by choice. Either way, thanks for going through the trouble of confirming what I said. Beats me why you did it.
F0RC3
Core Dumper

Post by F0RC3 »

perfect turns happen much more often in games where you take more turns. ex. in hr and df perfect turns happen all the time and automatically creates a seal. a perfect turn will get you through almost anything. in fort and sumo it will get you past any grind you could possibly do. good job doing it in fort down the center though. i havn't perfect turned in fort yet, but i have once in sumo. if someone perfected perfect turning then they wouldn't ever have stab to get down center again.

and why is this under team strategy?
Titanoboa

Post by Titanoboa »

F0RC3 wrote:if someone perfected perfect turning
I've been practicing it for a long time, and for a while I could do it quite often*, but I still had/have long ways to go before I can do it at will.

*when i braked. It's hard even at 30 m/s, and very unreliable at faster speeds.
matchbox53
Round Winner

Post by matchbox53 »

F0RC3 wrote:
and why is this under team strategy?

Well this is because fort is about team effort not a single effort.

And you would need proper coordination/cooperation with ur wings to help you do that split and its called the perfect split .
Concord

Post by Concord »

it's not necessarily perfect, it's just requires more than 5.0 rubber (in the fortress/sumo case)

anyways, a perfect turn is not desirable, at least I don't desire it.

sealing works both ways. you may seal someone in, but you sealed yourself out.