GANKERS !

Team Strategies go here, if you want to share that is...
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

Philippe: great! Shall I change the sumo server entry message to

Code: Select all

No Taquing, Xoring, Quilling or Vvinning, please.
If you don't know what any of that is, you're a 0b and we don't want you here. Get lost.
Spot
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by Spot »

if you go much in you can close the holes and get ur tail back without to lose space :lol:
ed
Match Winner

Post by ed »

Spot wrote:if you go much in you can close the holes and get ur tail back without to lose space :lol:
I was thinking the exact same thing.
I tried to explain it to others, however much I tried, they really had no idea what I was talking about.
~*PsYkO*~

Re: GANKERS !

Post by ~*PsYkO*~ »

Ricochet wrote:Recently in Fortress I've begun to see a number of players complaining about "ganking". It appears to be the newest moaning, with people now moved on from holing.

Basically, it turns out that it means attackers crowding the zone to get the points and win the round, for example after an attacker has broken defense and cut the zone in half so to speak, another attacker(s) come in and capture the zone.

When asking the people who scream "bah, gankers", "omg ganked", "ganktastic", etc, they dont have a reason behind their "argument" as to me, they just see it as another way to complain to try and piss people off or hope that people wont do it to them in the future so they win.

How I see things is, its a team game - to win for the team, you need to either kill everyone on the other team or capture the zone. Now to me it seems the easiest and generally fastest way is to capture the zone - so what is the problem in crowding a zone so your team wins?

I just dont get it. Plus, Whats the betting the moaners even "gank" the opponents defense in important matches such as AFL, ladles or clan wars...

:evil:

Rant mode over.
omg if i see anyone "complaing" about this ima smack them. I personally don't "gank" just cuz i hope my teammate dies and i get to 1v1 sumo the defender :P But to complain, o pish shut up
kyle
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder
Location: Indiana, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe, Multiverse

Post by kyle »

ed wrote:
Spot wrote:if you go much in you can close the holes and get ur tail back without to lose space :lol:
I was thinking the exact same thing.
I tried to explain it to others, however much I tried, they really had no idea what I was talking about.
i finally figured that out too. Plus i'm better defending sumo style
Lucifer
Project Developer

Post by Lucifer »

I like to let people into my zone, then drop an egg bomb and run like hell.

Gets 'em every time.

Be the devil's own, Lucifer's my name.
- Iron Maiden
Spot
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by Spot »

lol lucifer :lol:
Rain
Round Winner

Post by Rain »

Walling. Any act of closing the access of your own fortress by building a wall around it with your tail.
END OF LINE
Concord

Post by Concord »

i thought ganking
was when there
was an easy opportunity
to win
(2 v 1, zone broken down)
and one attacker
decides not
to win. . .

guess its the opposite
DDMJ

Post by DDMJ »

"Since when is the objective to not let the other team into your zone as the defender?" © madmax
Mecca
Match Winner

Post by Mecca »

This topic needs lolcats...
pike
Round Winner

Post by pike »

Mecca wrote:This topic needs lolcats...
lol!

I just found link to this topic in CT forum archives, I went through all comments... and last one was made 3 days ago :P

haven't seen it was dig up
Tobe
Round Winner

Post by Tobe »

For every strategy, there is a counter-strategy. Only strategies that can't be stopped with a counter-strategy should be taken out of gameplay. "Ganks"/"Crowding" and Holes can be easily stopped with sweeps.
<-- Proud co-leader of Rogue Tronners
Mkay1
Shutout Match Winner

Re:

Post by Mkay1 »

HellBlade wrote:well if it's just 3 people on the server then yes I fullly agree with how it is cheap cause nothing stops them from just speeding all the way to the defender and going around him into the zone. Unless you make a square in the zone (wont go all the way outside of the zone protecting it.

true dat
owned
Shutout Match Winner

Post by owned »

Tobe wrote:For every strategy, there is a counter-strategy. Only strategies that can't be stopped with a counter-strategy should be taken out of gameplay. "Ganks"/"Crowding" and Holes can be easily stopped with sweeps.
I'm pretty sure there is no counter-strategy to your opponent being awesome.