Weekday Torn. Server

Post here if you need help setting up your server, etc.
Zapple
Shutout Match Winner

Weekday Torn. Server

Post by Zapple »

I was wondering is there anyway to set up my own server for my weekday tornament? I am running Mac OSX on my Mac, and have NO clue how to get started, I would like it named Weekday Tornament
n54
MVP

Post by n54 »

have a look at the official homepage: http://armagetron.sourceforge.net/
seems there's only a client for mac? *not sure*

if it's a normal client you should still be able to host games/run a server but it won't be dedicated (dedicated is best)
Zapple
Shutout Match Winner

sorry

Post by Zapple »

There is nothing on that site to help me set up server. Sorry, But id anyone can help, I would really like it.

-Zap
Tank Program
Forum & Project Admin, PhD

Post by Tank Program »

Have you tried checking to documentation? http://armagetron.sourceforge.net/doc/index.html and if that still doesn't help just try playing around with the settings. Also, if you're behind a firewall you'll have to forward port 4534.
Zapple
Shutout Match Winner

Erg

Post by Zapple »

To start a server do I just click, Host Game instead of picking a server, but I want a deticated server thats always on. There was nothing on that site to help a Mac. Sorry, Can someone make a server for me and make me admin??

-Zap
Tank Program
Forum & Project Admin, PhD

Post by Tank Program »

Zap, there is no way to do remote administration in the way you are thinking, it just doesn't exist yet. You will have to do some more research, I'm sure the answer is out there.
Zapple
Shutout Match Winner

K

Post by Zapple »

Ok thanks, I wish there was a way for remote admin......much eaiser. Well if any one comes accros any way for a Mac OSX user to set up a server I would really appreciate it, You can PM me if you find a way.Or my other contact ways. Thanks,

-Zap
n54
MVP

Post by n54 »

hmm you could try getting in touch with the guy who compiled armagetron for mac - maybe he's interested in compiling a mac standalone server version as well (if his mail isn't given at the official site you can mail Manuel Moos and ask him if he could forward the request - or maybe even better ask at the sourceforge armagetron forum)
Zapple
Shutout Match Winner

Yes

Post by Zapple »

Hey thanks n54, I e-mailed the mac guy, lol, hooe he helps.

-Zap