Lan Network switch to internet multiplayer

Post here if you need help setting up your server, etc.
gabriele
On Lightcycle Grid

Lan Network switch to internet multiplayer

Post by gabriele »

Hey, it's a little annoying question whitch i trying to do 2 years, but i tryed very hard to make my own server and i made it, but only on lan :cry: , and i want to be public that everybody could join.

Is there a way to be it public, maybe I just need "TALK_TO_MASTER 1" set? If yes then can tell me where is it.. Wiki doesn't work for me about that stuff.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~(O)(o)>
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Re: Lan Network switch to internet multiplayer

Post by Z-Man »

Basically, yes. TALK_TO_MASTER is in settings_dedicated.cfg, where that is depends on your OS. You can also put the line into settings_custom.cfg (you need to create that one along the other configuration) where you should put all your customized configuration anyway so it is not overwritten when you upgrade your server.
For home servers, you will also need to enable port forwarding on your router. The FAQ on the wiki has a couple of hopefully helpful links on that starting from here:
http://wiki.armagetronad.org/index.php/ ... s_wrong.3F
gabriele
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by gabriele »

I readed the wiki (maybe i didn't understand correctly), but still some problems exist like: I can connect to my server on LAN but i can't when i write server Id from Custom Connect. :/
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~(O)(o)>
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

My master receives your server information, so you have TALK_TO_MASTER set up correctly. That's good!
However, my master server can't get through back to your server. That means you have not set up port forwarding correctly. Try to follow the instructions on this link. Pick your router model in the big list and click on it. If you can't find the exact model, try others from the same manufacturer, preferably with similar model numbers. The UIs don't change too much from model to model.
gabriele wrote:but still some problems exist like: I can connect to my server on LAN but i can't when i write server Id from Custom Connect. :/
That's completely normal for some router models. It's like calling your own phone number, that does not work either most of the time. For completely different reasons.
Durf
Match Winner

Post by Durf »

Edit: Moderators are taking on this issue personally.
Last edited by Durf on Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

You can do that. Or just follow the instructions from the link in my last post; if you run into anything unexpected on the way, post screenshots.
And do tell us your router model when you found out what it is.