Help with opening recordings

Post here if you need help setting up your server, etc.
tyler

Help with opening recordings

Post by tyler »

Hey there, tyler here. I hope this topic was created in the proper section, and I'm sorry if this topic has been brought up before. I was wondering if anybody could explain how to open up one of Z-man's recordings to this functional illiterate. A lot of tronners are always talking about the ladle, tst, or something else, and I would love to check them out.

I tried checking out this page: http://wiki.armagetronad.org/index.php/Debug_Recording but for the life of me I couldn't figure it out. I just got a new MacBook so it's taken me a little bit of time to acclimate to the new OS. I've tried downloading Z-man's recording links, but once I open the file it doesn't know what the hell to play it on. Is there some sort of recording client I need? I'm lost!

Does anybody want to help me out and explain the process, step by step? I will reciprocate with sexual favors.
LOVER$BOY
Match Winner

Re: Help with opening recordings

Post by LOVER$BOY »

Your wrong. All recordings and playbacks are handled by our game clients. I originally would create a recordings and then open the recorded file with the game client. It's like how you open an text file in notepad or your favourite text editor.

I am a windows user and since I've used windows for most of my life I just don't know if I can help a Mac user. However, I believe the process is the same as in any other operating systems. But I'll stay out of this in case I make some sort of mistake. I'll let the experts of their fields fill you in :)

Good luck!
Nanu Nanu
Core Dumper

Post by Nanu Nanu »

Use dlh's handy dandy recording/playing aarec program! Open it up, select Play, then Play Recording... which will let you select the aarec files to play. If you tick the Fast Forward box you can also fast forward it by putting in the amount of seconds in the box.
Armagetron Advanced Recorder .zip
(44.4 KiB) Downloaded 259 times
Prema wrote:The second match starts, a new beginning,
Nanu and Prema, Sui and Ninja,
versus those same old hoes grinning.
tyler

Post by tyler »

Nanu thank you so much! That was surprisingly easy.

I only have one more question...so when I open up the recordings, it basically chooses who I'm going to watch at the start of every round. Is there a way to change the person that you're viewing, just as you can do during actual gameplay? I only really wanted to view the recordings to watch a handful of players, so I want to make sure that I'm able to watch them and not the others. Any tips?
Nanu Nanu
Core Dumper

Post by Nanu Nanu »

I believe the recordings use the key configuration of the player who recorded it. Changing the player you watch is exactly the same as in game! Just use z and x to switch through :P
Prema wrote:The second match starts, a new beginning,
Nanu and Prema, Sui and Ninja,
versus those same old hoes grinning.