Confused with Hosting Armagetron Server on Mac.

Post here if you need help setting up your server, etc.
LittleSteps
Core Dumper

Re: Confused with Hosting Armagetron Server on Mac.

Post by LittleSteps »

Light wrote:You put them both in the scripts folder, just two files, then in one of your CFG files, add SPAWN_SCRIPT script.php and include it.

Not sure what I did wrong :P

I do SPAWN_SCRIPT script.php and I get

Code: Select all

SPAWN_SCRIPT script.php                                           
[0] Launching external command '/Users/NCSTARR/Desktop/Armagetron Advanced Dedicated/scripts/script.php '...
sh: /Users/NCSTARR/Desktop/Armagetron: No such file or directory
I have them both in the script folder D: .

Moofie
Core Dumper

Post by Moofie »

About Cody's user level; his map does that. "It's the price for using my map" I believe he told me once
LittleSteps
Core Dumper

Post by LittleSteps »

Moofie wrote:About Cody's user level; his map does that. "It's the price for using my map" I believe he told me once
That is one cruel thing to do.. :|

Especially for Nooby hoster's like me who have no idea what they are doing. :/
Last edited by LittleSteps on Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Light
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Light »

Moofie wrote:About Cody's user level; his map does that. "It's the price for using my map" I believe he told me once
Back when I got it, it wasn't in there. I always host maps on my own server for reasons like that.

MAP_FILE Cody/sumo/8player-1.aamap.xml(http://lightron.no-ip.org/armagetronad/Cody/sumo/8player-1.aamap.xml)
Ratchet
Match Winner

Post by Ratchet »

LittleSteps wrote:
That is one cruel thing to do.. :|

Especially for Nooby hoster's like me who have no idea what they are doing. :/
When you create a map file you are creating an XML file. In that XML file are points/lines/zones/heights and many other components that make up a map. Additionally, there is a <settings></settings> command that allows you to store settings inside of a map file.

In the event you wanted to change game modes by simply including a map rather than changing all of the settings individually, you could store every setting for your game modes inside a map. (This isn't very efficient, though, for the sake of changeability). In this case, Cody hard-coded himself as admin on his own map. There is a way to fix it.

1) Get the XML file the map uses.
2) Open it in a text editor and delete the setting (very easy to find):

<Settings><Setting name="USER_LEVEL Cody@forums" value="1"/></Settings>
3) Upload it to any website and include it by include map/directory/here(http://whatever.com)

(This is the method that Light used to fix the problem - he reuploaded the map without the setting here
"Dream as if you'll live forever,
Live as if you'll die today." -James Dean
XD|VIPer
Average Program

Post by XD|VIPer »

If you don't have a website to upload maps, you can upload maps at http://vertrex.tk/aa/
However, I don't see how you can edit them.

Also, on the link I gave you on tron for sty+ct, try the dmg file sense you said you were using mac...
Edit: Hey, its not in that one. How did you download the 0.4 one anyways?!
LittleSteps
Core Dumper

Post by LittleSteps »

XD|VIPer wrote:If you don't have a website to upload maps, you can upload maps at http://vertrex.tk/aa/
However, I don't see how you can edit them.

Also, on the link I gave you on tron for sty+ct, try the dmg file sense you said you were using mac...
Edit: Hey, its not in that one. How did you download the 0.4 one anyways?!
Go to page one of this topic. dlh gave me the link to an .4 server for mac server download thing. :P

dlh wrote:If you don't want to use launchd, you can run the server manually.

You can also use a newer 0.4 armagetronad-dedicated version (for OS X 10.7+), and simply launch the server by opening it from the Finder (like you would with any application).
LittleSteps
Core Dumper

Post by LittleSteps »

dlh wrote:If you don't want to use launchd, you can run the server manually.

You can also use a newer 0.4 armagetronad-dedicated version (for OS X 10.7+), and simply launch the server by opening it from the Finder (like you would with any application).

Thank you for your help!
I wanted to ask you if there was an easy way to run an Armagetron sty+ct server on a Mac just like the other one you gave me? I love the server I have now! but it can get annoying sometimes when I can't respawn players because they always ask :)! Thank's in advance again! :P
XD|VIPer
Average Program

Post by XD|VIPer »

Did that sty+ct install ever get done? Whew, it is very slow... but I highly dout it is so slow it will run for too long.

After its done, run the application in the downloads thing and see if it even works
Its not an exe file, its the .app file. If you don't know what I'm talking about, maybe you could ask me on tron. Eather way, I'm not sure it will be able to create the var file... but it might.

Tecnecly it has aready ran too long! Is your computer slow?