Confused with Hosting Armagetron Server on Mac.

Post here if you need help setting up your server, etc.
LittleSteps
Core Dumper

Re: Confused with Hosting Armagetron Server on Mac.

Post by LittleSteps »

Light wrote:
LittleSteps wrote:Hey! Thank's for all your help guys.

I wanted to ask if there was any kind of downloading page for any kind of server scripts? :wink:
Maybe you can say what you want, and it will magically appear. :P Idk if I will, but I may if I have free time? And it would be helpful if you provided your settings along with script description.

Up to you. Just thought I'd offer.

That would be awesome! :P Do you mean you would like me to post my custom_settings.cfg or my whole armagetron deticated file? I think it would be easier to talk to you on tron or through a pm about the description of some of the scripts I was looking at, because it would be much faster. One of the scripts I was looking at is the one with you had the /say and it had the names in color according to login. :) I thought that was intresting and cool! :D. Thank you so much for the help and the offer it's much appriciated :lol:.
LittleSteps
Core Dumper

Post by LittleSteps »

dlh wrote:If you don't want to use launchd, you can run the server manually.

You can also use a newer 0.4 armagetronad-dedicated version (for OS X 10.7+), and simply launch the server by opening it from the Finder (like you would with any application).

Thank you for your help!
I wanted to ask you if there was an easy way to run an armagetron syn+ct server on a mac just like the other one you gave me? I love the server I have now! but it can get annoying sometimes when I can't respawn players because they always ask :)! Thank's in advance again! :P
Light
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Light »

LittleSteps wrote:That would be awesome! :P Do you mean you would like me to post my custom_settings.cfg or my whole armagetron deticated file? I think it would be easier to talk to you on tron or through a pm about the description of some of the scripts I was looking at, because it would be much faster. One of the scripts I was looking at is the one with you had the /say and it had the names in color according to login. :) I thought that was intresting and cool! :D. Thank you so much for the help and the offer it's much appriciated :lol:.
I just meant what's in your settings_custom so that I could throw it up on a test server while making the scripts, but it seems that you don't want a script that has anything to do with gameplay, so it wouldn't really matter. I'll do it tomorrow for ya. It's a really simple script to make so it won't be any bother to do.
LittleSteps
Core Dumper

Post by LittleSteps »

Light wrote:
LittleSteps wrote:That would be awesome! :P Do you mean you would like me to post my custom_settings.cfg or my whole armagetron deticated file? I think it would be easier to talk to you on tron or through a pm about the description of some of the scripts I was looking at, because it would be much faster. One of the scripts I was looking at is the one with you had the /say and it had the names in color according to login. :) I thought that was intresting and cool! :D. Thank you so much for the help and the offer it's much appriciated :lol:.
I just meant what's in your settings_custom so that I could throw it up on a test server while making the scripts, but it seems that you don't want a script that has anything to do with gameplay, so it wouldn't really matter. I'll do it tomorrow for ya. It's a really simple script to make so it won't be any bother to do.
Oh wow! Thank's :)! Can't really think of any other scripts but that one atm :P !
Thank's so much for your help, it's very appreciated! :lol:
LittleSteps
Core Dumper

Post by LittleSteps »

Hey, I noticed when I change from my custom settings to teamsumo.cfg which is default sumo sets that I edited and I try to go back to custom settings, It keeps the zone and a bunch of the sumo settings there? Is there any easy way I could stop this. Thank's in advance! :D
Light

Post by Light »

When you include settings, it overwrites your current settings. It doesn't set everything back to default, then include. So, if you include map_file in your sumo settings, then include your HR settings that don't use a map, and doesn't set map_file, it won't change back to default, but stay at the sumo map.

There's a file somewhere that has a bunch of defaults you can add each time, just RINCLUDE at the top of your settings file, or you can set all used settings in each config file, so they are all set to what they should be.
LittleSteps
Core Dumper

Post by LittleSteps »

Light wrote:When you include settings, it overwrites your current settings. It doesn't set everything back to default, then include. So, if you include map_file in your sumo settings, then include your HR settings that don't use a map, and doesn't set map_file, it won't change back to default, but stay at the sumo map.

There's a file somewhere that has a bunch of defaults you can add each time, just RINCLUDE at the top of your settings file, or you can set all used settings in each config file, so they are all set to what they should be.
How do I find the default map_file :P . What do you mean reinclude. What ended up happening is before I read this I reincluded some sumo competition server sets which made everyone have to log in and play but they didn't know how so they ended up leaving and I had to restart the server. >_<
Light

Post by Light »

Not "re" include, but "r" include. It's to include a remote config.

At the top of your CFG, put this.

Code: Select all

RINCLUDE http://crazy-tronners.com/resource/all_default_settings.cfg
LittleSteps
Core Dumper

Post by LittleSteps »

Light wrote:Not "re" include, but "r" include. It's to include a remote config.

At the top of your CFG, put this.

RINCLUDE http://crazy-tronners.com/resource/all_default_settings.cfg

Getting Closer :P
I did that and When I switched cfg files I got

Light

Post by Light »

Sorry. I typed faster than my brain was thinking.

RINCLUDE all_default_settings.cfg(http://crazy-tronners.com/resource/all_default_settings.cfg)
Also, here's your script. It's up on my test server if you wanna try it out.
Custom Connect to lightron.no-ip.org on port 4534

script.php (the file you run)

#!/usr/bin/php
<?php

define("CUSTOM_USERNAMES", "custom_usernames.php");

while (!feof(STDIN))
{
	$line = rtrim(fgets(STDIN));
	$part = explode(" ", $line);

if ($part[0] == "INVALID_COMMAND")
	{
		if ($part[1] == "/say")
		{
			require(CUSTOM_USERNAMES);

if (!array_key_exists($part[2], $custom_usernames))
			{
				print("PLAYER_MESSAGE {$part[2]} \"0xff0000Error0xffff7f: Sorry, {$part[2]}.  You don't have a custom username.\"" . "\n");
			}
			else
			{
				print("CONSOLE_MESSAGE {$custom_usernames[$part[2]]}0xffff7f: " . implode(" ", array_splice($part, 5)) . "\n");
			}
		}
	}
}

?>
custom_usernames.php

<?php

$custom_usernames = array(
	'Light@forums'			=> "0x30b2e9G0x35b6e6o0x3ab9e2D0x3fbddfo0x44c0dcf0x49c4d9T0x4ec7d5h0x53cbd2e0x58cfcfN0x5dd2cbe0x62d6c8W0x67d9c500x6cddc2r0x71e0bel0x76e4bbd",
	'LittleSteps@forums'	=> "0xdc24e9L0xd036eai0xc348eat0xb759ebt0xaa6bebl0x9e7dece0x918fecS0x85a1edt0x78b2ede0x6cc4eep0x5fd6ees"
);

?>
LittleSteps
Core Dumper

Post by LittleSteps »

Light wrote:Sorry. I typed faster than my brain was thinking.

RINCLUDE all_default_settings.cfg(http://crazy-tronners.com/resource/all_default_settings.cfg)

#!/usr/bin/php
<?php

while (!feof(STDIN))
{

{
		if ($part[1] == "/say")
		{

{
				print("PLAYER_MESSAGE {$part[2]} \"0xff0000Error0xffff7f: Sorry, {$part[2]}.  You don't have a custom username.\"" . "\n");
			}
			else
			{
				print("CONSOLE_MESSAGE {$custom_usernames[$part[2]]}0xffff7f: " . implode(" ", array_splice($part, 5)) . "\n");
			}
		}
	}
}

?>
custom_usernames.php

<?php

'Light@forums'			=> "0x30b2e9G0x35b6e6o0x3ab9e2D0x3fbddfo0x44c0dcf0x49c4d9T0x4ec7d5h0x53cbd2e0x58cfcfN0x5dd2cbe0x62d6c8W0x67d9c500x6cddc2r0x71e0bel0x76e4bbd",
	'LittleSteps@forums'	=> "0xdc24e9L0xd036eai0xc348eat0xb759ebt0xaa6bebl0x9e7dece0x918fecS0x85a1edt0x78b2ede0x6cc4eep0x5fd6ees"
);

?>

Wow! Thank's :D

worked!

Sorry >_< Still a bit of a noob at hosting! How do I use the script :oops: ? I created a script.php and put it in my script folder with that stuff inside and I also created a custom user names folder and put it in the scripts folder with the other one. :lol: Could you tell me how to use that script please :) . Thank's in advance! Again you have been a tremendous help :)!
LittleSteps
Core Dumper

Post by LittleSteps »

Hey Light. I also wanted to ask you why when I include

It automatically makes Cody@forums an admin? Probably nothing Just caught my eye :|

Light

Post by Light »

Check your sumo config or the map file settings. That include doesn't make him admin.
LittleSteps
Core Dumper

Post by LittleSteps »

Light wrote:Check your sumo config or the map file settings. That include doesn't make him admin.
Well this is the only thing I can find with Cody's name in it

##MAP
MAP_FILE Cody/sumo/8player-1.aamap.xml(http://1v1sb.99k.org/resource/Cody/sumo/8player-1.aamap.xml)
#RESOURCE_REPOSITORY_SERVER http://74.117.60.178/maps/
#MAP_FILE sly/maps/8player-2.aamap.xml
(Post above the one about Cody@forums. Just thought you didnt see it :wink: )

Light wrote:Sorry. I typed faster than my brain was thinking.

#!/usr/bin/php
<?php

while (!feof(STDIN))
{

{
		if ($part[1] == "/say")
		{

{
			}
			else
			{
			}
		}
	}
}

?>
custom_usernames.php

<?php

);

?>

Wow! Thank's :D

worked!

Sorry >_< Still a bit of a noob at hosting! How do I use the script :oops: ? I created a script.php and put it in my script folder with that stuff inside and I also created a custom user names folder and put it in the scripts folder with the other one. :lol: Could you tell me how to use that script please :) . Thank's in advance! Again you have been a tremendous help :)!
Light

Post by Light »

You put them both in the scripts folder, just two files, then in one of your CFG files, add SPAWN_SCRIPT script.php and include it.