Who's online plugin

Post here if you need help setting up your server, etc.
LOVER$BOY
Match Winner

Re: Who's online plugin

Post by LOVER$BOY »

trevor wrote:So no need for the echo command I edited in there right after posting?
Yes. That merely loads in the data from your ip address file. If you do

Code: Select all

<pre>
     <?php echo str_replace("\n", "<br />", file_get_contents("http://myip/players.txt")); ?>
</pre>
then I'm sure it'll work.
Light
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Light »

You don't use BR tags inside of PRE tags. You use \n new line markers.
LOVER$BOY
Match Winner

Post by LOVER$BOY »

Light wrote:You don't use BR tags inside of PRE tags. You use \n new line markers.
Oops, forgot about that :P

I rarely use pre tags so I don't remember it too well :D

Thanks for reminding me, Light ;)
Light

Post by Light »

LOVER$BOY wrote:Heh, yet again I was right :P
I think you dropped this. (:<
trevor
Average Program

Post by trevor »

The 000webhost editor is changing it to <!---?php at the beginning instead of just <?php. Is that a problem?
Light

Post by Light »

trevor wrote:The 000webhost editor is changing it to <!---?php at the beginning instead of just <?php. Is that a problem?
Yeah, that's going to make it an HTML comment. I couldn't imagine a web host that doesn't support PHP.
LOVER$BOY
Match Winner

Post by LOVER$BOY »

Note:

Code: Select all

<!-- this is a comment people -->
Light wrote:
trevor wrote:The 000webhost editor is changing it to <!---?php at the beginning instead of just <?php. Is that a problem?
Yeah, that's going to make it an HTML comment. I couldn't imagine a web host that doesn't support PHP.
Either that or their editor just sucks in general...
Light

Post by Light »

LOVER$BOY wrote:Either that or their editor just sucks in general...
True .. Try uploading a PHP file, assuming they have a file manager or give you FTP access. If you get SSH access (doubtful), you could do it that way as well.
LOVER$BOY
Match Winner

Post by LOVER$BOY »

Light wrote:
LOVER$BOY wrote:Either that or their editor just sucks in general...
True .. Try uploading a PHP file, assuming they have a file manager or give you FTP access. If you get SSH access (doubtful), you could do it that way as well.
No, 000WebHost doesn't give SSH access. Uploading files through FTP or FileManager is the best way to go in general opinion.

Although I don't know if you want it but I am offering a few people to host their own websites in a Reseller of mine I got for working wit ha group of people. If you would like, I can create you an account and you can use it. Specs are quite good and there will hardly be any down time. Sadly the PHP Version needs update but lately the services haven't bothered to update. One day they will update though, I'm sure of it. I posted about it here Reseller - Want a domain hosting?
trevor
Average Program

Post by trevor »

Well, I'm on a kindle fire at the moment, it's 1:30am, and I have school tomorrow tomorrow so I will resume this after classes. In the meantime, thanks for all the help so far and I really need to learn php...
Good night!
LOVER$BOY
Match Winner

Post by LOVER$BOY »

Good night, sweet dreams and have a good day tomorrow :)
trevor
Average Program

Post by trevor »

Wait, would I get my own domain, as in I'm just armagetron-bronies.com instead of armagetron-bronies.netne.net? If so, I'd be a fool to turn that down. Thanks LOVER$BOY. It seems the problems I have, the more I find just how awesome this community is, lol.
Light

Post by Light »

trevor wrote:Wait, would I get my own domain, as in I'm just armagetron-bronies.com instead of armagetron-bronies.netne.net? If so, I'd be a fool to turn that down. Thanks LOVER$BOY. It seems the problems I have, the more I find just how awesome this community is, lol.
He said reseller. You're not getting it for free, and domains are usually extra.
LOVER$BOY
Match Winner

Post by LOVER$BOY »

Light wrote:
trevor wrote:Wait, would I get my own domain, as in I'm just armagetron-bronies.com instead of armagetron-bronies.netne.net? If so, I'd be a fool to turn that down. Thanks LOVER$BOY. It seems the problems I have, the more I find just how awesome this community is, lol.
He said reseller. You're not getting it for free, and domains are usually extra.
OH, you won't get your own domain as that will cost you money. I'm just talking about free hosting. I'm only giving it away to those I think deserve it. Although, I do admit, everything has to be done manually (I don't have the system like how the others operate) but you can change everything and your details once you get your account going :)

You don't have to trust me but I'm speaking fact. I don't lie to people, especially in a matter of trust and friendship. We are currently working with antserve.com and 8ing.com (community.8ing.com is our forums). My group of people are currently working about the service as we've just moved to a different location and are trying to get 0% downtime.

Anyway, we can talk about this later. First, go to sleep or you'll be a zombie at school :P
trevor
Average Program

Post by trevor »

It's not pretty but it works! I've got it hosted on my server's Facebook page.