Changing rim_wall for clients

Post here if you need help setting up your server, etc.
Techguy.7181

Changing rim_wall for clients

Post by Techguy.7181 »

Hello! First of all, I'm am running an Armagetron dedicated server on Windows Server 2012. Now to my point: is there a way to change the rim_wall for all the clients that play the game from my server? I don't want to go to each individual client computer (20 computers) and go to the Armagetron folder for each client and change the rim_wall file there. It would be such a pain.

I changed the rim_wall file from the computer that is hosting the game, but when the clients connect, they get the default wall.... How can I get all the all the clients that connect to my server have the wall file I have put into the textures folder?
kyle
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder
Location: Indiana, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe, Multiverse

Re: Changing rim_wall for clients

Post by kyle »

That is a client only setting. The server does not send this information out to others. So you'll probbaoly have to do it manually, You may be able to make a small batch script to move the file and save a little time posibly.
LOVER$BOY
Match Winner

Re: Changing rim_wall for clients

Post by LOVER$BOY »

Ya, its only for individual client.

Kyle, that's a little bit advanced for the guy to use if he and his friends are playing in the server for fun. Manual operation is how I would get it working as there's no other way.