Need Resource Repository?

Post here if you need help setting up your server, etc.
LOVER$BOY
Match Winner

Need Resource Repository?

Post by LOVER$BOY »

So hey there! :)

If your one of those people who are struggling to find a free resource repository holder for your maps, you got it here! I've just opened up free resource repository, just for you and since Christmas is coming, this is a gift from me :)

Website is http://vertrex.org
You will find the uploading site under "Resource Repository".
You also can view maps through "Resource Browser". It's quite neat :)

The maps you upload will be stored in http://vertrex.org/aa/resource/public

Just don't use Internet Explorer. The Map Viewer won't load because Internet Explorer doesn't have support for it (stupid IE).

As of last month public resource uploading has been switched off. Instead, users must register at http://forums.vertrex.org to be able to upload their own maps. While I indeed though of using global IDs, at this point in time accounts from vertrex.org are required to be able to upload maps. With the help of Durf our site has gotten bigger and better. Thanks his awesome work we now have a map editor of our own which you can use to create/edit map files. From there you can either download the map file directly or upload it straight to our repository.

So, for now only registered users of forums.vertrex.org are the only ones capable of making maps and uploading them online. If people continue to protest to make it "GLOBAL ID", something like this

Code: Select all

GLOBAL ID: LOVER$BOY@forums
Author: LOVER-BOY
then I will see what I can do about it. After all, I am a man who tries his best for the good of the people ;D

Remember, you are free to roam through our resource browser and download maps at your leisure :)

Good luck!
Last edited by LOVER$BOY on Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:13 am, edited 5 times in total.
delinquent
Match Winner

Re: Need Resource Repository?

Post by delinquent »

I'm assuming it is now impossible to get a repository space in the dashjr site anymore? I messaged luke over a month ago
AI-team
Shutout Match Winner

Post by AI-team »

What a gorgeous user interface :mrgreen:

"95% of people believe in every quote you post on the internet" ~ Abraham Lincoln

LOVER$BOY
Match Winner

Post by LOVER$BOY »

delinquent wrote:I'm assuming it is now impossible to get a repository space in the dashjr site anymore? I messaged luke over a month ago
I've messaged him a year ago and still no response. I wanted to always setup my own and finally, here it is :)
AI-team wrote:What a gorgeous user interface :mrgreen:
Thank you for your kind words AI-Team :) I am constantly working on that website, making sure the interface looks neat, tidy and appealing.

So everyone, please tell me if there's anything else I should add to suit. If you find any sort of problem, simply contact me at [email protected] :)
delinquent
Match Winner

Post by delinquent »

Could I possibly get a directory? I.E delinquent/myriad :)
LOVER$BOY
Match Winner

Post by LOVER$BOY »

sure :)

You can find it at Alpha Project - Resource Repository. Choose a file and upload away! After uploading, you should get a text message at the bottom to indicate whether the upload was successful or not. If it was successful, a link will appear and if you click on it, it'll take you directly into Alpha Project - Resource Browser. Here you can view the map's source code, the setting to use it on servers AND the overview of the map drawing :)

Depending on the attributes you had in your <Resource ...>, that's where the the map will be placed.

I wanted this to be free, so I made sure of those things. If a map doesn't have any of those or isn't a proper map file, the uploaded file will immediately be deleted! Later on, I will work on a better validation system that makes sure the file really is a map :P

All uploaded maps are stored in http://vertrex.org/aa/resource/public/ if you want to check out the source only or download the map.

Good luck and if you have any trouble, please tell me and I'll hopefully fix it! ;)
Last edited by LOVER$BOY on Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

Looking good. The only quibble I have is that on the intro screen, you explain what the buttons do, showing the exact same button images as on the top; I think they should be clickable even there. At least, I tried to click them and then felt stupid :)

Is the code for the thing public? We may want to borrow it.
LOVER$BOY
Match Winner

Post by LOVER$BOY »

Hey there Z-Man.

Yes! That's part of the reason I didn't want to link those buttons with explanations! ;)

AS for the source being free source... well I'm sorry to say that it is :P
Jk! :mrgreen:
As it's Christmas and your saying it'll be useful for you guys as well, I'll be kind enough to give you the source :)

The source is located here: lp:~zodiacsohma/armagetronad/vertrex_website

All the files aren't uploaded yet but they soon will be :)

UPDATE: I've uploaded more maps I've got from the other creators (I hope they don't mind) :D
LOVER$BOY
Match Winner

Post by LOVER$BOY »

Sorry for this but my original domain (vertrex.tk) is now down for good. Dot.tk did some stunt and cleared all of my currently owned domains. Talk about being annoying, so I am going to drop their service for good.

Our new url is located here http://vertrex.org