How to create my own login?

Post here if you need help setting up your server, etc.
Lost

How to create my own login?

Post by Lost »

Anyone know How i can create my own login? EG Lost@Lost or something for my clan...?
Moofie
Core Dumper

Re: How to create my own login?

Post by Moofie »

The short ones like @forums, @aagid are special, you must apply and there are three rules you must meet. Someone help me, I don't know each exactly.

For the regular ones, you must have a website that allows php and mysql, thats about all. So if you had a site, clanname.com, you could make auths such as [email protected]. Unless you don't want to buy a domain, some sub domain companies allow this. A good one I use myself is zymic. Here is documentation on all of this.
nux
Round Winner

Post by nux »

You need a website with any scripting/programming language; theres a script for PHP but it can be ported to anything. All the "website" has to do is compare the login info sent from the arma server with a database (be it any SQL system, file database or even hardcoded) and send a specific response. As for being able to use it on the game there are two ways of doing so: talking to the server owners and add your domain/site to their servers'/'s config or be included in the global auth system. Both of which are quite difficult since tracking down owners and convince them is hard, and theres a set of rules for an entity to be added on global auth system.

http://wiki.armagetronad.org/index.php/ ... ion_Server
There's a difference between knowing your shit, and knowing you're shit. Grammar does matter.
epsy
Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by epsy »

Moofie wrote:The short ones like @forums, @aagid are special, you must apply and there are three rules you must meet. Someone help me, I don't know each exactly.
Off the top of my head: Must be open to everyone, must reasonably prevent duplicate accounts(email verification), must be there for a while. Full thing's on the wiki.