Weird cycle brake question.

Post here if you need help setting up your server, etc.
Moofie
Core Dumper

Weird cycle brake question.

Post by Moofie »

Would it be possible to make a brake where say, you tap your brake, it goes down however much that tap does (in relation to your cycle_brake_deplete settings, but that's irrelevant.) but it not fill until you get to the end? I know you could set cycle_brake_refill to 0, so it does not refill, but I want it to fill once it gets to the end and is all used up. Possible you think?
erocat
On Lightcycle Grid

Re: Weird cycle brake question.

Post by erocat »

I don't see that happening without PHP and Python scripts.
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

Yeah. This is only possible if you program precisely that into the source, and only if you accept that clients will not show the correct behaviour at all times with the meter itself (making it so they think refill is 0 is probably going to be best).
Moofie
Core Dumper

Post by Moofie »

Well for a script, I would assume it'd have to find a match for cycle_brake_empty, but I don't think it records that in the log. If so it'd be like preg_match (^whatever_cycle_brake_empty is recorded as), which I don't think it does. And as z-man just said, it isn't.. hm...

On another topic, is it possible to make it so a shot takes up only a bit of rubber? I'm sure I could get the script together, and it sounds like its possible. It logs shot_kill (not sure what the correct message is, but I know it logs it) and you could have it set in the script so it only says out __ rubber, correct?

Edit: On that part up ^^ I thought, since all settings are global and would effect everyone, maybe like an invisible rubber zone when your shot could do the trick?
nelg

Post by nelg »

Moofie: Do you mean that you want it to suck rubber when you use brakes? i dont think its supported yet...? Whatelse could you use (Spawning a rubberzone wouldn't work if it doesn't get created in logs)