servers not showing up on status page?

Post here if you need help setting up your server, etc.
dkiller
On Lightcycle Grid

servers not showing up on status page?

Post by dkiller »

i host the following servers; is there a way to make them show up on the armagetronad.net/servers.php page?

.dbd|Legendary Laddle and L33t (fortress)
.dbd|LooseDogfight
.dbd|Crazy Ctf Collision
.dbd|Dodgeball
.dbd|Zombie whatever (youl see it on the server list at the top)

yes dbd is still alive.
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Re: servers not showing up on status page?

Post by Z-Man »

They are on that page. Happens automatically to all servers that are properly configured to appear on the master list.
dkiller
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by dkiller »

aaah, i didn't notice the word "properly" last time i read this reply.

i run this from a vps, compiled from a sty+ct package if that helps. I did not install it how its supposed to be installed however. I just ran ./armagetron_main from the srv folder, and used everything but the config files within the source.

if that helps. as i still cannot find my servers php page.
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

The installation method should be fine, I'm running my servers essentially the same way. Dunno, I saw them last time on that list, but now they're gone. I don't know how that script operates, maybe it has problems with some part of your servers' names? Try renaming one to something simpler.

Oh, also a likely possibility: the script is simply outdated. We recently changed something that broke the php client (it made unreasonable assumptions and sent illegal packets). The change was a security fix and required. So if your servers are up to date and the polling script isn't, that would explain things. And the only fix would be to yell at Tank to update the script.
dkiller
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by dkiller »

my apologies for the extremely late reply.

My VPS was having terrible issues including a week of downtime, and so i have recently switched VPS'es to fix that. maybe the reason mine doesn't show up on your list is because there is a "0xffffff 0xfffff" in front of my server name? It took me a while to figure it out, but doing this placed my server right next to other .dbd servers on the list. Now its starting to get out of control.

Also, is there a way to grab the feed from the server list, so I can display it on my own page, just formatted to fit the color theme/scheme of the clan i'm in? I'll make sure to give credit where needed for the script.
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

Can't help, sorry. I have as much access to the scripts building that list as you have, all I could do is repeat myself.

For embedding, epsy has made a new server list you should be able to use:
http://forums3.armagetronad.net/viewtop ... 55&t=22139