Sortof-free Armagetron hosting!

Post here if you need help setting up your server, etc.
Luke-Jr
Dr Z Level

Sortof-free Armagetron hosting!

Post by Luke-Jr »

Well, I just realized that if you have a powerful nVidia/ATi video card and don't mind "selling your soul" (using a proprietary OS-- you already do this, if you run Mac, Windows, or use binary video drivers on Linux), you can generate BitCoins fairly easily (I'm told 5 days to make 50 BTC!).

I accept BTC for my hosting services (25 BTC for 8-slot to 199 BTC for reseller unlimited).

In other words, you can put your video card to work to pay for your hosting with me.

Links:
Official BitCoin website
Getting Started with BitCoins
Mining pool, gets (slightly less) BTC more frequently; also has links to GPU miners
teen
Round Winner

Re: Sortof-free Armagetron hosting!

Post by teen »

can you explain this in a more "noob" way? i have bitcoin installed but i have no idea what you are talking about. sorry
Hoax
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Hoax »

Is this mining for the purpose of gaining coins only? Seems like a waste

I think luke knows already but you can also use your cpu if anyone is interested
Luke-Jr
Dr Z Level

Post by Luke-Jr »

Hoax wrote:Is this mining for the purpose of gaining coins only? Seems like a waste
Mining is operating the BitCoin network, for which you get the generated coins (all 21million don't exist yet) plus any transaction fees processed.
Hoax wrote:I think luke knows already but you can also use your cpu if anyone is interested
I have two Core2-generation computers using CPU miners. I'm making about 14 BTC/mo; my lowest managed hosting price is 25 BTC/mo. That is why you need a GPU. ;)