Wildcat config

Post here if you need help setting up your server, etc.
inVacua
On Lightcycle Grid

Wildcat config

Post by inVacua »

Hey, where I can get the wildcat config and how do I set it up local?
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Re: Wildcat config

Post by Phytotron »

A) Find out whomever owns the Wildcat server and get a copy of the relevant (i.e., different from default) settings from that person.

B) Either...
1) Copy and paste those settings straight into your autoexec.cfg file...

...or...

2) Create a separate config file named, for example, Wildcat.cfg that contains all the relevant settings. Place that file in your var directory/folder.
Then, you can either a) type include Wildcat.cfg into your console each time you want to use those settings locally, or, b) if you want to make them your more "permanent" defaults, enter that same include Wildcat.cfg command in your aforementioned autoexec.cfg file, and they will load every time you enter a local game.
inVacua
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by inVacua »

I took a screenshot of the values changing after I joined the server, are these all the values that change ?
In on windows and cant find any var folder in my armagetron folder ?
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Post by Phytotron »

inVacua wrote:I took a screenshot of the values changing after I joined the server, are these all the values that change ?
Not all, I think. For instance, you don't want to change REAL_ARENA_SIZE_FACTOR; you'd change SP_SIZE_FACTOR instead, and not to the value listed there.

There's also a few oddities there. For examples,

Code: Select all

CYCLE_RUBBER_MINDISTANCE_RESERVOIR changed from 0 to 0.005
In this instance, 0.005 is actually the default.

And,

Code: Select all

CYCLE_SPEED changed from 10 to 35
CYCLE_RUBBER_MINDISTANCE changed from 0 to 0.00999999
None of those are default. The defaults are 30 and .001, respectively.

So, I don't know what's going on there. (My guess would be you either had changed your settings locally, or you had been in another server prior to that screenshot, and somehow the settings got carried over.) Z-Man?

In any case, if you want them to be accurate and complete you'd be better off getting the settings from the owner.
A windoze user will have to answer this one. (I be Mac.)
Hoax
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Hoax »

Phytotron wrote:A) Find out whomever owns the Wildcat server and get a copy of the relevant (i.e., different from default) settings from that person.
this guy according to his sig
vista/7 - local disk\Users\<you>\AppData\Roaming\Armagetron
xp is without the 'roaming' folder
You might have to enable the viewing of hidden folders
compguygene
Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by compguygene »

I really have to tell you that gauging a server's setting by how they change when you enter is NOT the best way to do this. The problem is very simple. Unless you know the settings of the server that you were last in, the changes could be meaningless and/or misleading. That is why you see some default values stated. What concerns me is this, what settings did not change when you entered that were already not default values.
Your best bet is to compare the default values for a server to the one's in the server, by manually typing each relevant value in. And then setting up a server with the values you think are the changed ones. Then, you enter the WildCat server, and note any changes. Some may be network values that don't matter to you. Others may mean you need to change the values.

When you unzip the attached file, it will become settings_dedicated.cfg which is the default server values.
Attachments
settings_dedicated.zip
(7.48 KiB) Downloaded 146 times
Armagetron: It's a video game that people should just play and enjoy :)
https://bit.ly/2KBGYjvCheck out the simple site about TheServerPharm
danger89
Average Program

Post by danger89 »

Sorry the Wildcat settings are secret unless my server needs to be shutdown.

Topic Closed.

Update: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=22194&p=259808
WILD CAT EX-Owner
Tank Program
Forum & Project Admin, PhD

Post by Tank Program »

danger89 wrote:Sorry the Wildcat settings are secret unless my server needs to be shutdown.

Topic Closed.
Not to be a stick and the mud but instead play devils advocate, there's nothing that can be done about someone figuring them out.