Game Type / End of round issues.

Post here if you need help setting up your server, etc.
Stinger
On Lightcycle Grid

Game Type / End of round issues.

Post by Stinger »

I have my own server hosted by Lightfoot and i seem to be having a couple of issues and i am not too sure what is happening really.

Basically if the server is empty and i join I play LMS against the AI (as normal) however if other 'Humans' (more than 3) Join it ends up going into team mode and i don't want that to happen. I know that this may seem trivial to you but my options are exhausted, can someone help me please.

ALSO

When playing LMS when a winner has been decided the round does not end and will only end when the winner commits suicide, Whats that all about?

Your help is much appreciated

History will be kind to me as I intend to write it!
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Re: Game Type / End of round issues.

Post by sinewav »

Zip up your settings and attach them here so we can help you better. And, tell us more specifically how you want the server to run.
Stinger wrote:When playing LMS when a winner has been decided the round does not end and will only end when the winner commits suicide, Whats that all about?
This sounds like you have GAME_TYPE 0 or SP-_GAME_TYPE 0. Change it to 1.
Stinger
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by Stinger »

Right, Sorry it has taken so long for me to come back to this one.

I am still having issues setting up my server. Basically, I want the rounds to be last man standing wins (simple). The problem is I have got Game_type and SP_GAME_TYPE set to 1 but if there is more than one 'Human' Player it goes into a team deathmatch which is not what i am after. When there is just 1 human (me for example) i play the AI's and it is LMS (without teams) and that is correct.

I have tried changing the Game_Type and SP_GAME_TYPE to 0 but that vreates a problem in that the round winner does not die when all other human players/bots and is free to just carry on just goign round and round.

ANy ideas on this or am i being a dully?

INW
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by INW »

keep sp_game_type and game_type at 1

then type

Code: Select all

team_max_players 1
and

team_min_players 1
also type

teams_max 20
and

teams_min 1
the easiest way is to just copy the lms settings from your cfg folder giving to u when u downloaded tron. If teams are still wrong after copying the lms settings...just type in the above settings and it will work.
Stinger
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by Stinger »

INW wrote:keep sp_game_type and game_type at 1

then type

team_max_players 1
and

team_min_players 1
also type

teams_max 20
and

teams_min 1
the easiest way is to just copy the lms settings from your cfg folder giving to u when u downloaded tron. If teams are still wrong after copying the lms settings...just type in the above settings and it will work.
Ok so lets say i implement the above settings will each player then be on its on team (team stinger for example)?

and

Will the players colours change as they do currently with teams? or will their colours stay at those specified by the player?

INW
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by INW »

their team will be what ever their name is and color...if not, add these settings:

allow_team_name_color 0

allow_team_name_player 1
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Post by Phytotron »

It's not about teams, and not only about game type, it's also about scoring. Notice that in a local game, the AI are all on one team (by default, anyway), and score collectively, but you and any other humans are separate. This is also true in the online single-player game. Things change over when more than one actual person/client joins.

Yes, GAME_TYPE 1, and if you don't want teams, then TEAM_MAX_PLAYERS 1 (TEAMS_MAX will be cut off by whatever MAX_CLIENTS is, if the former is larger). TEAMS_MIN should be 1 to avoid AI being automatically introduced (this is assuming you don't want AI when more than one real person is playing—and of course NUM_AIS 0). MIN_PLAYERS should be 1, as well. You don't need to be concerned about player's colors changing; they'll be independent of that.

But if you want to avoid deathmatch, and only want a score awarded for round survival (true LMS), then you need to adjust the scoring as well, something as such:

SCORE_KILL 0
SCORE_DIE 0
SCORE SUICIDE 0
SCORE_WIN 0 — unless you want to employ a winzone and award extra point(s) for that
SCORE_SURVIVE 1 — or whatever you want it to be

Put SP_ in front of each of those for the single-player game when only client is connected.
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Phytotron wrote:Put SP_ in front of each of those for the single-player game when only client is connected.
Actually, there is only SP_SCORE_WIN. All the others affect both single-player and multi-player. I kind of wish that wasn't the case, but whatever.
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Post by Phytotron »

Oh yeah. Well, we recall I made a suggestion about that.
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

We also recall this being a horrible can of worms already.
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope

Post by Phytotron »

Yes, we do. It wasn't meant as any kind of hint or indirect jab, if you (apparently?) took it that way—at least not from me.
Stinger
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by Stinger »

Thanks for all your help and support with this, the issue has now been rectified to what i want it to be so cheers for that people