Server Restart?

Post here if you need help setting up your server, etc.
nizoo

Server Restart?

Post by nizoo »

I own a dedicated server which I hosted an Armagetron server on it for a friend of mine, so I was just wondering, is there anyway I could give him access to restart it without giving him root user?

is it possible to restart it in-game, is there any web-based thing that could hook up the stop/start commands into the server?

my server is Windows Server 2008, thanks.

note: I host Counter Strike:Source servers for myself so I know that it is possible to restart the entire server by just accessing the admin console in-game and typing "quit" which I setup a script for whenever that happens it automatically re-runs the server, isn't there a way to do so with Armagetron to?

Thanks again :)
Alpha Centauri
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by Alpha Centauri »

Have him set DEDICATED_IDLE to 0 then empty the server of all players. :P
Nexus9 server ultra-admin.
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Re: Server Restart?

Post by Z-Man »

nizoo wrote:note: I host Counter Strike:Source servers for myself so I know that it is possible to restart the entire server by just accessing the admin console in-game and typing "quit" which I setup a script for whenever that happens it automatically re-runs the server, isn't there a way to do so with Armagetron to?
Yes, and in precisely the same way :) There is a console command named "quit" or "exit" (both work) that shut down the server, and if you run it in a batch file loop, it will restart again. You just need to give your friend ingame admin access (via ADMIN_PASS for the published stable versions).
nizoo

Post by nizoo »

ok so I give him the ADMIN_PASS, then he would just need to type quit in there? whats the exact command since he couldn't find it :/

cuz lets say in Counter Strike it would be first, rcon_password "passwordinhere", then rcon "quit"/"exit" or any other command that need to be ran thru console...

happy to hear that its possible at least :D
epsy
Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by epsy »

/login passwordinhere [this command is going to change]
/admin quit
/logout ;)
Jonathan
A Brave Victim

Post by Jonathan »

Wouldn't the server be gone before you get to /logout?
ˌɑrməˈɡɛˌtrɑn
epsy
Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by epsy »

Yes, but you should always log out!
nizoo

Post by nizoo »

lemme go try that right now :D :D
nizoo

Post by nizoo »

AWESOME :) thanks so much guys :)

now I don't have to worry about his whiny A*s :) hehe, just give him ftp to it and hes set :D no need for me to restart it for him everytime :D

Thanks again :D
.W33D
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by .W33D »

stupid nizo.. if i load any settings to it and restart the server my self its not loading it up... :S only works if YOU restart it..
Infa(mous)
Round Winner

Post by Infa(mous) »

You know... you could also make a batch script... and put it in the folder with armagetron_dedicated.exe

Code: Select all

:StartServer
START /WAIT armagetronad_dedicated.exe
GOTO StartServer
^^^ That works for me.