Linux, Armagetron and Firewalls

General Stuff about Armagetron, That doesn't belong anywhere else...
Tank Program
Forum & Project Admin, PhD

Linux, Armagetron and Firewalls

Post by Tank Program »

Ok, right, so I have RH9 on my desktop, which has iptables, and when iptables is active then armagetron won't work in network mode. But, when I disable the firewall then everything works just fine! Any ideas what's going on???
n54
MVP

Post by n54 »

have you opened for all the port and port ranges armagetron uses? afaik there is quite a number of them, don't remember the port used for the master server but it's in the documentation somewhere, have you remembered that one? does all the netcode fail or just the server browsing option (ie. tried the custom connect?)

*flinging out ideas like frisbees* :mrgreen:
Tank Program

Post by Tank Program »

I got it fixed. I just upgraded iptables to the newest version and it works now :).
Tank Program

Post by Tank Program »

And then my power went out, and now it doesn't :? stupid shit. And, from what I see the port range that armagetron uses is very large. Each time I have tried to get the master server, and run netstat -ap it gives me a different port everytime!!! 32797, 32798, 32799, etc. And HERE is the good one, it seems to go on and on!!!! How the hell do I get around this?
n54
MVP

Post by n54 »

my memory isn't too good right now, but i'm guessing i saw something about this in the setup menues themselves: you select an option and let it stay for a while without doing anything (you are still in the menu and the option is selected) then after a while some info appears below the menu. go try that and if it wasn't there i must have seen it either in the offline documentation or among the posts at the sourceforge forum (at the project page).

hope that helps a bit or byte :wink: