2020's Arma

General Stuff about Armagetron, That doesn't belong anywhere else...
Outside Corner Grinder

Re: 2020's Arma

Post by 2020 »

Nanu Nanu wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:01 pm Can I take that $1 I receive from someone and send 2 friends ¢50 with the link?

I would likely also be advertising for them anyway by sharing their content for free in addition to donating to them directly.
Can't edit easily, so apologies for only extracting these two sentences.

Yes, you can devalue the share at the benefit of sharing to more people.

The point is it combines money flow into one action: sharing.

I get what you are saying. Entirely valid. And true.

Once we get a viral, it works as a social thing, then that's why people will do it. It's like listening to some new genre of music. Most can't hear it. Those that do, share it. Then it gets to a threshold and boom, it is called 'rap' or whatever. Granted, a little trickier with an alternative economic. Not as accessible as music. It's in a blindspot, or between the genres of social accounting which are covered by current economic-political and psycho-social structures.

I appreciate your observations. And the time you've taken to consider them. And your social efforts. Now, if only I had a way to record that...? (I'll thank you in the app:) Your contribution here will result in money flow. Won't be much, a few cents today [please verify] but if Arma takes off, or indeed Sqale does, this comment here, or my reading of it in fact, results in you getting cash. Only when we realise how this works socially, does it make sense.
hold the line
Outside Corner Grinder

Post by 2020 »

sinewav wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:48 pm

The fundamental principal is solid and I think if the idea is patented you could probably sell it!

For example, if WhatsApp merged somehow with Bandcamp, or if somehow Sqale was pre-built into people's smartphones, there would already be a fertile environment for people to use this new model (it's not that complicated, to me it seems like the only investment comes from creators who have faith in their creations).
We can't patent a business model, it seems.

You are correct. Once we get a viral, the method will be adopted by then all.

I'd like to partner with eg Opera browser. I think this would be useful for them, get a jump on competition. We've thought about SoundCloud. They didn't have a business model. None of them did. Eg Medium was meant to revolutionise journalism, now they have a paywall.

So. We either wait for someone to come up with a cheaper version of the economic and end up exploiting us, or we take our fingers or of our asses and make this work. That's my take on it :) The chances are, we get a viral, and they take over.

There's more to Sqale than the money hack. It has the gratitude engine. So I will be thanking you in it, for your observations here and everything and anything else I feel as valuable. And when money is distributed to the team there, you will get a share. And if you track value too, hopefully the distribution is 'fair' according to our relative evaluations. Three money hack is one half of it. If only that is picked up, our chances on this planet are truly ******, imho.
Last edited by 2020 on Sat Mar 06, 2021 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hold the line
Outside Corner Grinder

Post by 2020 »

Z-Man wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:34 pm
Wouldn't that become the dominant form of communication in, at most, a few years?

"Because they can't. Squale shares are Squale exclusive."

So you have something great people get only on Squale, they need to share it on Squale to spread it to their friends, and then they stick around.
All valid, however...

Yes, I think the sharing with credit will fade as a function leaving the actual money-vector function for projects. The alignment of money-vector to intention of sharing is utilising a legacy of our current economic, moving money. It should operate for longer term intentions. Basically, it operates more like a vote. I'd say this could happen over 20 years, if we are lucky.

Sqale invites are exclusive. Just because I have invited you, don't think it is cheap.

Of course, I'm nobody. But when I am somebody, do you think I'll prostitute myself to promote some shit? I won't have to, because this Sqale thing works. Neither will you. Neither will anyone. This celebrity thing... is exploited in the traditional economic.

Don't downplay Arma. It is good for it. There's just a few technical issues (security ISP?), and the parameters which have created an limited elite group of players. The potential for schools remains huge. And a global game. I'm glad we've shirked off the story that Disney would come in and crush is -- that is the primary fear which prevented the community moving forwards back in 2009.

We need a little courage. And converted effort. I'm the right way. If we keep on trying to use traditional methods, this community is as good as dead. Still alive, of course, great game, nice people, incredible skill, but you know what I mean.
hold the line
Outside Corner Grinder

Post by 2020 »

delinquent wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:07 pm I don't think any of my generation is going to be the target market. I'm pushing 30.

Z-Man, you mention Sqale exlusive content. I've spent a few hours tinkering with Sqale and, as far as I can see, this is the case by design.

A project on Sqale is a representation of how many people think it is worth an amount, without necessarily applying a definitive figure to it.
Everyone thinks it is not for their generation. From what I've seen, kids are interested in thumbing through comment with millisecond value. Old little like me don't engage social media. And those in-between are ambivalent having grown up with it. It's a negative market, as it were. So, it comes down to content, conscious, deliberate, choice. Using the tool socially to get a social result. I don't know what community will manage it, what age. But what matters is that they are driven by something. I think Arma has enough to it. Otherwise I wouldn't be here. It's us, guys, simple as that. A small group of people working together.

Thanks for answering Z-man registering exclusivity.

The content creator can fix the amount of credits for a thing. Default is any, or fixed amount, it within a range 1-10, 10-100, 100-1000, etc. The idea of any, is that it tends towards the value a community is willing to pay. Arma in a poor community of country might be at 1-2c, but amongst the rich, well the person who Invites Elon Musk will share it with eg $10k equivalent.

Without a doubt, Elon Musk will love this game, the history of it, and you guys. And the economic. What shit do you think he's thinking of for his Mars colony? Bitcoin is just the same economic. Same psycho social problems well arise with it. He needs Sqale. And Arma might be a way to get his attention.

To do that, we need to get social manifestation.
hold the line
Outside Corner Grinder

Post by 2020 »

Ok, for anyone who has bothered to read through all of that, you deserve credit. Literally :)

https://app.sqale.co/invite/fyHn7HosxnZ ... VU1ZpePUWz

Join and I'll be able to thank you.

That's an invite to a project of hitting 1 million players, the Tronic Cup.

You've tried doing it using traditional methods. I say **** em. I say, let's give the Sqale tool a go -- and whatever methods occur to us as we use it.

I don't know what those methods are. I've thought of a few basic things, but they are guesses. Like Ladle was a guess. If we get a simple result of social self organisation that worked like Ladle, but with money flow...

So, I think it is based on invites. Challenging new players and teams to play. If I had £1m, I'd seed the first tournament with it. Costs £10 to play -- and by inviting other players and other teams, you simultaneously raise revenue for the next tournament, and bring people into the game.

The game has to be good enough. Check.
The tournament structure is scalable. Check.
The tech is secure. Not so good: I've been told there's an issue regarding ISP vulnerability.
There's been a record of previous tournaments which prove the open invite protocol works. Not done yet.

So, here we are. I think it is too late. A handful of folks with a shit hot game and an untested economic. However, all our dreams we've had... It may be too late. Still...

I'll put £1k for a tournament which operates this invitation-challenge-protocol. Winnings won't be much, but if we double our player base and generate more than £1k revenue... Well, we won't need to find £1m because that will result from a previous tournament.

Thinking about it now: we need to create a tournament structure where we generate more revenue than the previous tournament because of increased player base. Whether we do this with £1 entry of £10, whatever works that incentives people. Too little, can't be bothered, too much prior won't do it. And this is matched by winnings. Someone should be able to contribute some info on the psychology of this.

I'll work with anyone willing to explore this unknown territory. Even though the chances are diminishing to the point of zero, our actions make it non-zero.
hold the line