Shooting / Zombies

General Stuff about Armagetron, That doesn't belong anywhere else...
the pig
Average Program

Shooting / Zombies

Post by the pig »

Hi all,

Taking any suggestions on shooting, zombies, self destruct blast, etc... on this thread.

Some screenshots of shooting and zombies from the Pig Sty. They all look like zones of course, but the zombies are easy to see because they tend to follow you.

Currently, the zombies follow their killer around at a configurable update rate, speed, grow size, configurably kill other players, and score differently between other players and their killer. One of the requests I've gotten is for the zombies to start hunting regular players after their killer is dead (closest).

One of the other ideas we came up with is to have a zombie spawn when someone kills a chatbot, or similar activity.
Attachments
Zombie just got me.
Zombie just got me.
Me vainly trying to shoot at mom.
Me vainly trying to shoot at mom.
groundpigs don't fly
the pig
Average Program

Post by the pig »

Also forgot, some have requested to be able to shoot zombies, decreasing their size with each shot until dead.

And of course, everyone wants to control their zombie, which is possible. I'm just trying to figure out if there is a way to use the camera to watch it.
groundpigs don't fly
~|DS|~|Patch|
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by ~|DS|~|Patch| »

yeah, i'll be in there most nights for support and testing XD good luck with the hacking.
Jonathan
A Brave Victim

Re: Shooting / Zombies

Post by Jonathan »

the pig wrote:One of the other ideas we came up with is to have a zombie spawn when someone kills a chatbot, or similar activity.
Soon players will hit chat just before they die.
KamP
Round Winner

Post by KamP »

you know what would be a nice reward? a couple points at the end of a round you've won if you haven't fired a single shot.
actual running is pretty ahrd in this level with the deathzones and zombies flying around, so i think it might be viable.
Built-in xlate?
the pig
Average Program

Post by the pig »

KamP wrote:you know what would be a nice reward? a couple points at the end of a round you've won if you haven't fired a single shot.
actual running is pretty ahrd in this level with the deathzones and zombies flying around, so i think it might be viable.
Thats a great idea. So have a configurable amount of points added if others have been shooting but you haven't.

This would only reward runners or those that didn't any kills though the way my server is configured. You get double points for killing someone with walls right now. So that would be an alternative to the double wall points.
KamP wrote:Built-in xlate?
Server-side xlate, sounds good.
groundpigs don't fly