Excuses,Excuses....

General Stuff about Armagetron, That doesn't belong anywhere else...
dylan
Average Program

Excuses,Excuses....

Post by dylan »

Whats the weirdest excuse youve hearD?
Attachments
screenshot_490.jpg
screenshot_460.jpg
spirit
Round Winner

Post by spirit »

Please stop posting this crap. Nobody is interested in your armagetron adventures.
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Post by Phytotron »

I second that.
Tank Program
Forum & Project Admin, PhD

Post by Tank Program »

This isn't that bad. It's like bash for armagetron.
spirit
Round Winner

Post by spirit »

Tank Program wrote:This isn't that bad.
Bad - no it´s spamming. Who told this guy how to make a screenshot?
You can always overdo things. Like this skullflame guy posting tonns of rubbish backgrounds.
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Post by Phytotron »

Right. Actually, a little thread on "what excuses have you seen while playing?" might otherwise serve as some idle tron-related amusement. But, I think what irks us is the way he did it in combination with the other couple posts he's made recently with screenshots of in-game, shall we say, hijinks. Dude, if you're having and/or creating petty little beefs with other players, why are you bringing it here? Shoo, fly.

(By the way, should I ask for an explanation on the "bash for armagetron" thing, or just let it go as an extremely geek joke, heh? :wink: )
Lackadaisical
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Lackadaisical »

http://bash.org

IRC excerpts(sp?)
<anamexis> oh man
<anamexis> I was opening a coke, right
--> Beefpile (~[email protected]) has joined #themacmind
<anamexis> and it exploded
<anamexis> ALMOST all over my keyboard
<anamexis> but I got it away just in time
<-- Beefpile has quit (sick *******)
<anamexis> :<
hehehe
dylan
Average Program

Post by dylan »

Lol lack.. U guys? this is ARMAGETRON FORUMS RIGHT? yes ITS ABOUT ARMAGETRON RIGHT? yes IS THIS REALLY GENERAL? yes

so if u dont like it dont read it?

*dum campers
KamP
Round Winner

Post by KamP »

Worst excuse i've ever heard, has a lot of variations, here's a few:
"lag"
"LAG!"
"LAGGGG"
"llllllllaaaaaaaaaaaaaggggggggggggg"
"LAG!!!!!!1!!!!!1!111oneone"
"_ has left the game"

on the other hand, dylan, you're not too good at you know... being personable.

Obviously you're trying to get us some chuckles and whatnot out of your numerous screenshots. err nnnnuuuummmmmmmeeeeerrrrrrouuuuuuussssss screenshots (i wonder if your screen button is broken, actually, i imagine yuor keyboard has a long sucession of broken buttons all of which are now retired screenshot buttons)

Part of making a good joke, however, is changing the joke to fit your audience. And you might have noticed, but the audience on the forums is not the audience on the grid. Sabarai doesn't even play! So, i dunno... work on it, work on it. And don't be confrontational. It's just weird on the internet. I think titnass had it in his sig "Arguing on the internet is like the special olympics: even if you win, you're still a retard." Best policy, imo

Oh yea, and the Really General portion is really for Really General AND Unrelated to Tron.Just about everything with a cycle goes in General :)
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope

Post by Phytotron »

And Dylan, um, get your mom to put you on some valium or something. Or stop consuming so much sugar. One or the other.
Lucifer
Project Developer

Post by Lucifer »

"Look at my ping! If you had my ping, you would suck too!"

Where his ping < my ping

Be the devil's own, Lucifer's my name.
- Iron Maiden
DrJoeTr0n
"On a Roll. Paper wise."

Post by DrJoeTr0n »

When it comes to humor, be sure to use a test audience before you make it public. This is in fact the Really General section, meaning this is really supposed to be unrelated to Armagetron.
Your screenshots, try and get your hands on photoshop.

But just to stay on topic.

The lamest excuse I've heard? All of them.
Lackadaisical
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Lackadaisical »

lamest excuse ive heard was from whallywallwhacker who said my high ping on armagoshdarn was actually in my advantage when playing against him.

'lagadaisical'
Sabarai
The Former Man of Cheese

Post by Sabarai »

Meh, lamest excuse i've ever heard is:

I'm being polite! I can kill you whenever I want, I just don't want it!
Fonkay
Match Winner

Post by Fonkay »

Lackadaisical wrote:lamest excuse ive heard was from whallywallwhacker who said my high ping on armagoshdarn was actually in my advantage when playing against him.

'lagadaisical'
I've come to find that this can be true in some cases.
When playing against coffeee in shrunkland for instance. Me and a few others refer to the higher pinged players as "fatties". The "fatties" have ping rubber to their advantage so they (if they know how to use it) can get out of tighter spots and tunnel more easily in low rubber servers. Also there is predictability factor. I find that when up against someone with a high ping it's harder than normal to predict where they actually are, compared to where they are on my screen. They jump in front of you like magicians.
As well, I think that a player whose ping is constantly high has an advantage over players that get a large ping in certain servers. If I get a high ping I'm completely screwed up because I'm not used to the way it plays, and therefore don't have to practice with that type of play.
Of course all this is relevant to individual player skill and servers. And I don't think it's a very good excuse. (even though I like to get mad and call coffeee a fatty a lot) :D
This post does not come with any form of Warranty or Return Policy.
If you're unhappy with this post, please feel free to suck it up and move on.