Friday Fort Night?!

General Stuff about Armagetron, That doesn't belong anywhere else...
Agility
Core Dumper

Friday Fort Night?!

Post by Agility »

Just a suggestion to all the old and new players that still play but we should have a weekly Friday Fort Night!

If need be I could setup a server to play in! We could meet at 8pm Eastern!

Lets have fun like the good ole days :)

Another suggestion is that we could have Sumo Saturdays also!
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Re: Friday Fort Night?!

Post by sinewav »

I'm still at work when 8pm EST rolls around, but I would try to make another time on a weekend.
Light
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Light »

Well, it would need to be Friday Night Fort to fit in with FNM, but other than that, seems like a good idea. :P I wasn't really a fort player, but it would be nice to have a weekly time to get on and play a friendly game. On the same track, FNM tends to start around 11 or so. Is it too late for players of this game? It kind of stops it from being in the way of work or taking care of kids, etc .. that most commonly stop people from playing.

Then again, I always fall asleep too early for FNM.
Agility
Core Dumper

Post by Agility »

I miss the times when we were all really young and could just play this whenever lol.....

Anyway hopefully more people will respond to this. Then we can set a time and date that works well for the majority. Time is up in the air for now.

Other Ideas:

Wild Fort Wednesdays
Shrunkland Sundays
Mud Puddle Mondays

Common Goal: To have a time for tronners to meet and enjoy each others company.
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Agility wrote:Shrunkland Sundays
Ok, if this happens I need to know because I host that server from my apartment. I'll make sure to avoid disrupting traffic (although I'm not usually home most of Sunday...). :(
Nagi
Core Dumper

Post by Nagi »

hey, I like the idea :)
kyle
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder
Location: Indiana, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe, Multiverse

Post by kyle »

Agility wrote:I miss the times when we were all really young and could just play this whenever lol.....
yep, was nice
Agility wrote:Wild Fort Wednesdays
Already tried that months ago(maybe even a year ago), but it was at 4pm ET. A 9 PM ETor 10 PM start time would work best for me.
Word
Reverse Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Word »

I won't show up regularly to something like this, but I wish you the best of luck!
boobert
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by boobert »

I'm down for mud, shrunk and sumo any time. Including those days. In the old days I used to check Saturday mornings (ET) to find the euro players in Empha's or wherever.

You might have to guarantee people they'll win some matches to get them to play. Otherwise they won't last 2 rounds. So many sissies on the grid still. :roll:
Agility
Core Dumper

Post by Agility »

Yea, I miss sumo in the Saturday mornings too! Usually had some follow up fort games. Saturday or Sunday morning might be a good time to have people come online and have some good old fashion fun!
Monkey
Match Winner

Post by Monkey »

I'd love this to happen. I think we should just concentrate on one day though, and at the same time each week. This way, IMO, we'll eventually build up enough of a following.

I've just remembered that the last time I compiled Arma, it crashed every time I attempted to enter any server. I'll see whether or not that still happens now by compiling Arma in a bit.

Anyway, long live Fort Friday!
Playing since December 2006
delinquent
Match Winner

Post by delinquent »

I'm game. It'd be a very welcome break from work, I'd like to chill with arma again. Haven't done that in what feels like years.