Tweezy

General Stuff about Armagetron, That doesn't belong anywhere else...
dukevin
Round Winner

Tweezy

Post by dukevin »

This guy has been ddosing any server in an attempt to kill off armagetron permanently proclaiming that the game should die. He also emails me and threatens for admin in servers "or else". I'm going to file a police report on him because these attacks are illegal, if anyone can provide me with any information at all, logs, whatever you think that can help identify him and incriminate him, please PM me.

I have so far an email conversation with him with threats, a list of IP's he used (probably all proxy), server logs of him boasting about it, and his email address. PM me if you have anything else.
Last edited by dukevin on Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
stephanietubesocks
On Lightcycle Grid

Re: Tweezy

Post by stephanietubesocks »

ive had the same threat

lately my server seems laggy but put it down to coincidence

maybe theres something in this

?
Monkey
Match Winner

Post by Monkey »

@Dukevin

I really hope you do go ahead and help to catch this guy. We have had various discussions here about the whole tweezy/swag/etc thing. I suspect they are the same person but hey, whatever the situation, what you are talking about doing is the only real solution that I can see. Good luck!
Playing since December 2006
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

dukevin wrote:I'm going to file a police report...
Unfortunately there is almost nothing you can do other than contacting your ISP/Host. The police won't do anything unless they believe someone's life is in danger and most departments don't have anyone qualified to handle problems related to networks. You can (and should) report it to the FBI, but they kind of have their hands full of bigger problems right now. I know this because I'm working with the FBI right now through my workplace on a serious, international cyber-security issue (we've been working on it for months). Guys like Tweezy are insignificant in the bigger picture. They are simply a minor nuisance to society. It sucks, but part of having a civilization is enduring the undesirable elements of it.
Word
Reverse Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Word »

@sine: Heh, is it Russia-related? ;-) just kidding though, it's probably more secure if you don't talk about it in public
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

If you give us server logs of a player signed in with a @forums account doing threats or claiming responsibility for attacks, we can dig out the IPs it was used with. Beyond that, there is nothing we can do that would have significance for any interested enforcement entity.
echo.bot
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by echo.bot »

Pretty sure he is the one with all the fake servers and hanging out in the others as ID Student. Also I know he lives in NC if that helps.
stephanietubesocks
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by stephanietubesocks »

reported this crap to my isp and they are looking into things

today my server is showing unreachable in the master server list and although i can enter the server i cannot login as admin

something is wrong