Don't ban yourself Convict LXL!

General Stuff about Armagetron, That doesn't belong anywhere else...
Savage
On Lightcycle Grid

Don't ban yourself Convict LXL!

Post by Savage »

yqjmpKb.png
ive never laughed so hard in my life, just as u thought u were cool for banning me infront of everyone :P
Image Image Image Image Image
Savage
On Lightcycle Grid

Re: Don't ban yourself Convict LXL!

Post by Savage »

HAHAHA U TRYNA DDOS ME NOW, U FAIL SO MUCH XDDD HEHEH
Image Image Image Image Image
ConVicT
Shutout Match Winner

Post by ConVicT »

I in no way thought I was being cool!
I'm not banned either, I always use a proxy myself these days. It was a good one and you deserve to laugh. Also, FU, "NotZulu"

For anyone wondering what he actually did: He was being his usual tool of a self, and I told him he'd be banned. He said "go ahead, pussy", so, I kicked him as a warning. He came back saying the same crap but this time he was called "2", which happened to be me in /players. I banned "2", you know the rest.
aP|Nelg
Match Winner

Post by aP|Nelg »

ConVicT wrote:I in no way thought I was being cool!
I'm not banned either, I always use a proxy myself these days. It was a good one and you deserve to laugh. Also, FU, "NotZulu"

For anyone wondering what he actually did: He was being his usual tool of a self, and I told him he'd be banned. He said "go ahead, pussy", so, I kicked him as a warning. He came back saying the same crap but this time he was called "2", which happened to be me in /players. I banned "2", you know the rest.
Still falling for that? Nice...
ConVicT
Shutout Match Winner

Post by ConVicT »

aP|Nelg wrote: Still falling for that? Nice...
Oi! It's never happened to me before! :lol:
Monkey
Match Winner

Post by Monkey »

LOL Convict, swag got you good!

Also, you like to talk to swag when he's pretending to be someone else and you don't realise that it's him. This goes to everyone...be careful who you are communicating with or it may end up biting you in the backside!
Playing since December 2006
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

ConVicT wrote:Oi! It's never happened to me before! :lol:
I fell for it once about two years ago. Pretty funny when it happens. I think future versions of Arma should maybe address this trick to make people less susceptible. That's what computers are for!
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

Heh. So far, I have been reluctant to make that change because it may break existing scripts; you have to move either the identification by name or ID to new commands/identification modifiers. Buuut we're probably unintentionally breaking a thing or three in 0.4 anyway, so what's one intentional breakage?
aP|Nelg
Match Winner

Post by aP|Nelg »

Z-Man wrote:Heh. So far, I have been reluctant to make that change because it may break existing scripts; you have to move either the identification by name or ID to new commands/identification modifiers. Buuut we're probably unintentionally breaking a thing or three in 0.4 anyway, so what's one intentional breakage?
I don't think the ID is even sent to the script, so it's unlikely anyone would use it in a script.
Light
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Light »

aP|Nelg wrote:I don't think the ID is even sent to the script, so it's unlikely anyone would use it in a script.
It's not logged, so that would be mostly true. I know some people have used it to make a "/killall" command, but that's just laziness when you could just as easily keep an array of players in the server. Anyways, not much would be lost with this one other than being able to use it to kick someone with a name you can't type (which I'm sure would be taken advantage of by trolls), but tab completion can probably help there.