Troll times (Moderator curated dung heap)

General Stuff about Armagetron, That doesn't belong anywhere else...
LittleSteps
Core Dumper

Troll times (Moderator curated dung heap)

Post by LittleSteps »

[quote="AXO_FUNGUS"][quote]
I checked the IP of the server. 104.4.114.54. Matches swag. :o[/quote]

http://www.ip-tracker.org/locator/ip-lo ... 4.4.114.54

Yes, indeed. It is swag's IP. [quote]Z-Man wrote:
... are you asking why we would not want a server on the browser list that lies about its player count, can't be entered and tries to scam (really, really stupid) people?
Yes. I'd like to know. It's a little discomforting to know that you will ban servers from the master list simply because you don't like it (or in this case, exploiting a bug that exposes a weak point in your [devs] code)

Z-Man wrote:
Please take it down. Servers are meant to benefit players.
It benefits us all by enriching our existence with it's own. More importantly, can you say that it's not benefiting players? At the very least it benefits the developers. Personally, I am glad that it was made.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not advocating it, but really it seems to me that some of you get worked up over nothing. Does it offend you that a loophole was exploited? Get over it. No rules were broken. Just fix the loophole (that would be your [devs] responsibility, not theirs - disallowing their server to be listed on this basis is wrong IMO.).

Let's put it this way:
Even if you fix the bug/loophole, it won't prevent them from making a legitimate server with 1/1 just to "market" or "scam".
Are you going to ban all the 1/1 servers too? Any server listed with 1/1 is just as useless ("doesn't work").

I think you're going too far for a "strange new server that doesn't work". This isn't a threat to national security....or is it? :o
Still though, even if it is a completely useless server...why ban? Even if it benefits no one, what is the problem? (Not asking about the "nuisance" of having to ban the server from the list; asking why it should be banned in the first place)

aP|Nelg wrote:
Can anyone share what this is about, and why its on the list?
Your curiosity seems innocent enough. Short answer: because it can.
aP|Nelg wrote:
aaaand it's still up...
Given your earlier posts, why do you care if it is? Or why would you want it taken down? How would you feel if people posted threads that resulted in your 1/1 server(s) being taken down from the list? They are just as strange and they "don't work" all the same.
You started this thread with general curiosity, so why does it seem like you're out just to take down a server?[/quote] Holy crap Durf. You are getting triggered over SWAG. XD I'm not sure why... Anyway, swag shouldn't be allowed to even have a server, he is a known IP harvester, comment spammer, toxic mean person, etc. (you know, swag :P ) Honestly, all this fuss is over nothing. But you know, it is mean when he threatens to DDoS your server or when he tracks your IP and uses UDPs to boost your ping up to over a thousand, and your server becomes unplayable. That shouldn't be allowed.[/quote]

Hey look, another post about me. How cute
LittleSteps
Core Dumper

Re: What it is it going to take to make a .4 stable release?

Post by LittleSteps »

Z-Man wrote:Confirmed the filter bug. It's probably SDL2 related. Annoyingly, what also broke in SDL2 is the debug recording of entering text in text menu entries in general, so I'd better fix that first.
How can a 20 year old game still have so many ******* bugs. You're such a shit tier developer, just leave already.
kyle
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder
Location: Indiana, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe, Multiverse

Post by kyle »

LittleSteps wrote:How can a 20 year old game still have so many ******* bugs. You're such a shit tier developer, just leave already.
It's called Development, as the code changes, stuff in newer libraries do not always function the same as older versions. In an effort to update the game, some small things were not noticed.
aP|Nelg
Match Winner

Post by aP|Nelg »

LittleSteps wrote:
Z-Man wrote:Confirmed the filter bug. It's probably SDL2 related. Annoyingly, what also broke in SDL2 is the debug recording of entering text in text menu entries in general, so I'd better fix that first.
How can a 20 year old game still have so many ******* bugs. You're such a shit tier developer, just leave already.
Woah there durf...er-I mean swag. :roll:
Vogue
Match Winner

Troll times

Post by Vogue »

The game died when I got banned. You reap what you sow, suckers!

Happy holidays btw.
aP|Nelg
Match Winner

Re: Ladle Idea 1/6

Post by aP|Nelg »

Vogue wrote:The game died when I got banned. You reap what you sow, suckers!
Trying to make a relation there doesn't really help nor prove anything.
Lucifer
Project Developer

Re: Strange new server that doesnt work?

Post by Lucifer »

Can the Great Hacker Swag please reformat his post, written in simple bbcode, so that it can be read?

Seriously, it's totally illegible. Not doing much for giving you creds for being a great hacker. Makes me wonder who's behind the curtain....

Be the devil's own, Lucifer's my name.
- Iron Maiden
Lucifer
Project Developer

Post by Lucifer »

aP|Nelg wrote: Woah there durf...er-I mean swag. :roll:
Are you suggesting that durf and swag are the same person? Because that would be an amazingly entertaining plot twist...

Be the devil's own, Lucifer's my name.
- Iron Maiden
LittleSteps
Core Dumper

Post by LittleSteps »

[quote="Lucifer"Can the Great Hacker Swag please reformat his post, written in simple bbcode, so that it can be read?

Seriously, it's totally illegible. Not doing much for giving you creds for being a great hacker. Makes me wonder who's behind the curtain....[/quote

u dont wan dis kiddd
Last edited by Z-Man on Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Image of poster wearing pointless briefs removed
LittleSteps
Core Dumper

Post by LittleSteps »

quote="Lucifer"][quote="aP|Nelg"
Woah there durf...er-I mean swag. :roll:[/quote]
Are you suggesting that durf and swag are the same person? Because that would be an amazingly entertaining plot twist...[/quote]

<Image snipped>
Last edited by Z-Man on Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Was that supposed to be a gun he is holding? Looked like a tazer at most.
IndigoChild
On Lightcycle Grid

Re: Ladle Idea 1/6

Post by IndigoChild »

This game is dead, wouldn't matter if players were playing or not you are still a player with low level skill. Just entertainment at this point.
Not ZuLu Fam
IndigoChild
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by IndigoChild »

This game lost hope the moment you banned Durf and The Godly Amaso.
Not ZuLu Fam
IndigoChild
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by IndigoChild »

Nelg the type a nigxa to compliment his homie on his squat routine
Not ZuLu Fam
LittleSteps
Core Dumper

Post by LittleSteps »

[quote="IndigoChild"[This game lost hope the moment you banned Durf and The Godly Amaso.[/quote]
Glad you done did. Y'all KNOW dat shit, muthafucka! Most Danes still be thinkin they can carry knives under 7 cm legally without havin a specific purpose fo' dat shit. Just remember ta not have it on you if you stop by a supermarket on yo' way home from work.
aP|Nelg
Match Winner

Post by aP|Nelg »

Lucifer wrote:
aP|Nelg wrote: Woah there durf...er-I mean swag. :roll:
Are you suggesting that durf and swag are the same person? Because that would be an amazingly entertaining plot twist...
Not quite what I was suggesting, I was suggesting that Durf had made the same claim millions of times, but Swag said it this time.