Troll times (Moderator curated dung heap)

General Stuff about Armagetron, That doesn't belong anywhere else...
LittleSteps
Core Dumper

Re: Screenshots of core dumping someone who acts good

Post by LittleSteps »

[quote="aP|Nelg"[attachment=1Screenshot from 2016-12-07 19-54-34.png[/attachment]
[attachment=0Screenshot from 2016-12-07 19-54-52.png[/attachment]
Same guy still seems to be convinced I don't know how to play though and that I couldn't have core dumped anybody.[/quote]

You got to love that ugly ass pixelated clock no one ******* likes or uses. Not to mention the shitty ass sounds, music and the game its self. Thanks developers, bunch of ******* inbred retards.

I like how the ******* clock goes over the text and the rest of the HUD doesn't and the fact that it tells you how many seconds instead of minutes. Get your shit together retards. Game full of ******* math but you can't incorporate vector graphics to fix the shitty resolution, kys.
LittleSteps
Core Dumper

Re: Errors compiling 0.4 on OpenBSD

Post by LittleSteps »

[quote="Z-Man"Lucifer: The error ( No such file or directory.) is me. [/quote]
LittleSteps
Core Dumper

Re: 0.4 Content: Sound Dump

Post by LittleSteps »

[quote="Lucifer"[quote="sinewav"
This is not to say I don't like the idea of in-game music. Clearly I do. But from a personal standpoint I only listen to game music for the first play-through of a campaign then turn it off and listen to my own.
[/quote]
This is the thing that the music player is all about. The primary reason I made it was so I could listen to Iron Maiden while playing the game. No external player needed (there's a performance hit) and I can control the player in-game. Whatever ends up bundled with the game is just "Whee, we have music, look! Put it on your fridge!" For serious music, I always intended that you'd go to your own catalog. I'd make a UI for building playlists, but the arma UI widgets are way too primitive to make something you can reasonably use to build playlists with 100+ tracks. Just how it is.

I'll take another look at OpenAL. A basic Hello, World! version of arma with OpenAL is theoretically just as simple as the basic SDL_mixer version I cooked up back before 0.3.0.

And you don't have to wave a gun in my face for me to accept that OpenAL is a way better choice than any of the BS sound interface given by SDL. SDL2 didn't offer a superior sound interface. Also, the dependency thing will be a pain in the ass, but you should also know that SDL_mixer already has those same dependencies, so this would be cutting out the middleman for those. It just gets dumped on the end-user (where, in the Linux world, the end-user might be building from source).[/quote]

I don't care if you like it. Please keep your shitty feature to your self. Having a shitty computer isn't an excuse to give us your poisonous features that hurt our ears.
LittleSteps
Core Dumper

Re: Can't Login?

Post by LittleSteps »

[quote="Z-Man"Very probably the hard drive being full again. Grrr and sorry. I should take the time now and kill my self.[/quote]
LittleSteps
Core Dumper

Re: Fullscreen Trouble?

Post by LittleSteps »

[quote="Plee"Anybody any idea about how to solve this on a mac?
[/quote]
By getting a real operating system ******
LittleSteps
Core Dumper

Re: What it is it going to take to make a .4 stable release?

Post by LittleSteps »

[quote="aP|Nelg"[quote="Lucifer"[quote="aP|Nelg"
Woah there durf...er-I mean swag. :roll:[/quote]
Are you suggesting that durf and swag are the same person? Because that would be an amazingly entertaining plot twist...[/quote]
Not quite what I was suggesting, I was suggesting that Durf had made the same claim millions of times, but Swag said it this time.[/quote]

Clearly if people can make games 10 times more complex and way better in 1/4th of the time, my claim and durfs claims are accurate. Durf remade the main part of this shitty game with OpenGL in less than a few months working off and on and it already looked 10times better than this shit.

I didn't even read anything Durf wrote on this forum, but if that was his main point, then he was correct and you're all retards, mad at the fact that you can't handle being shitty developers
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Re: Troll times (Moderator curated dung heap)

Post by Z-Man »

And LittleSteps collects the traditional(*) "we prefer Christmas/New Years without you, thanks" ban. One month.

Let's be clear: Usually, suggesting suicide is an instant, no warning permanent ban. I would have made it one if the target was anyone but me. Or if I wasn't in such an extraordinary good mood today, probably.

This thread is a collection of all the obnoxious posts and a couple of replies I could find. Nothing is so bad that it requires hiding away, except for the two pictures I snipped, so it seems right to just leave it here in the open air to de-stink itself. Naturally, it may be locked any time, though we all seem to be well behaved enough lately.

(*) Not really traditional.
Monkey
Match Winner

Post by Monkey »

You're way too soft Z-Man. Swag (littlesteps, amongst other aliases) is poison. Get rid of him. Permaban.
Playing since December 2006
aP|Nelg
Match Winner

Re: Fullscreen Trouble?

Post by aP|Nelg »

LittleSteps wrote:[quote="Plee"Anybody any idea about how to solve this on a mac?
By getting a real operating system ******[/quote]
I don't know what his problem is, he was using a mac for the longest time... :P
Monkey wrote:You're way too soft Z-Man. Swag (littlesteps, amongst other aliases) is poison. Get rid of him. Permaban.
Like everything else, he'll end up trying to avoid the ban.

EDIT: That formatting apparently caused a weird glitch in phpbb :o
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

Monkey wrote:You're way too soft Z-Man.
That's likely. But I have to be; his main target here were we devs, and therefore I'm naturally biased towards harder action. So I'm compensating. I don't want to be one of those shitty devs banning people for legitimate criticism. He's right about the clock, for example. Of course, we know it's just there to test the cockpit's texture capabilities. The real unsolved problem is the text overflow. Anyway, yeah, I'm probably overcompensating.

Nelg: Oh, he can only have a finite number of alias accounts prepared. Any new ones he makes will be caught in the probation time where all posts need to be moderator approved.
Monkey
Match Winner

Post by Monkey »

To be fair, I've also been too soft with him (in-game, as a moderator). I won't make the same mistakes again.
Playing since December 2006