rx.hope - Problems with Community/ Peo

General Stuff about Armagetron, That doesn't belong anywhere else...
Monkey
Match Winner
Posts: 724
Joined: Thu May 22, 2008 12:36 am
Location: England, UK

Re: rx.hope - Problems with Community/ Peo

Post by Monkey »

@Z-Man
No need to give this clown (swag, just in case you didn't realise that all the stupid aliases are him) any reasoning for your actions. While we are on the subject, it would be nice if we could rid him from these forums and the game. I mean, we actually had to move to a Ladle server the other night due to his bots ruining the game (just in case you didn't know he has programmed bots which can camp in a zone, well, kind of). Ok, so his bots aren't super intelligent and neither is he, but he is becoming rather annoying now. Can we get rid of him? Pretty please?
Playing since December 2006

User avatar
AXO_FUNGUS
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:09 am
Location: Ottawa, Canada (Brrrr)
Contact:

Re: rx.hope - Problems with Community/ Peo

Post by AXO_FUNGUS »

Maybe, well, I know this is impossible, but if we tried to reason with him or convince him to go ruin other people's day in another game, because frankly, arma isn't as big as it used to be, and there aren't that many people to annoy anymore, if swag wants to be big again, he should go to CSGO *counter-strike global offensive* and program auto-aim bots, ping people and track their IP, DDoS servers, etc. He would probably become more known if he moved on to a larger game...
{AXO}FUNGUS, freezing up here in Canada.

User avatar
aP|Nelg
Match Winner
Posts: 545
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:22 pm
Contact:

Re: rx.hope - Problems with Community/ Peo

Post by aP|Nelg »

AXO_FUNGUS wrote:Maybe, well, I know this is impossible, but if we tried to reason with him or convince him to go ruin other people's day in another game, because frankly, arma isn't as big as it used to be, and there aren't that many people to annoy anymore, if swag wants to be big again, he should go to CSGO *counter-strike global offensive* and program auto-aim bots, ping people and track their IP, DDoS servers, etc. He would probably become more known if he moved on to a larger game...
When reading this post, I hear "swag should go bother everybody else, but not us". Do you really think other people won't be annoyed in other games?

Also, does he want to be "more known"? It seems like more sightseers to get him in trouble. Swag is not really as scary as you seem to think though, he's mostly a (minor) annoyance.

On the other hand, you are correct that tron has quite a few less players than it used to. Maybe the thing here with swag is familiarity. He can continue trolling the same people because he knows how to trigger them. If he moves on to a larger game, they may just ignore him and he may not get the (negative, maybe positive to him) attention he seems to want.

Also since armagetron is open source, he doesn't have to bother hacking to see how the network play works. I'm of course not suggesting tron not to be open source as being open source is good thing and has allowed a fork in the past and lots of improvements that may not otherwise be there.
Monkey wrote:@Z-Man
No need to give this clown (swag, just in case you didn't realise that all the stupid aliases are him) any reasoning for your actions. While we are on the subject, it would be nice if we could rid him from these forums and the game. I mean, we actually had to move to a Ladle server the other night due to his bots ruining the game (just in case you didn't know he has programmed bots which can camp in a zone, well, kind of). Ok, so his bots aren't super intelligent and neither is he, but he is becoming rather annoying now. Can we get rid of him? Pretty please?
As pointed out in the past, it is impossible to get rid of somebody completely. You can ban them from the master and the forums but they can still use other server lists and servers. You can ban him from a server but he'll end up changing his IP eventually.
AXO_FUNGUS wrote:oyyy, z-man :D why did you shorten my rant :?:
You Canadians sure like your rants :P

User avatar
ConVicT
Shutout Match Winner
Posts: 1004
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:33 am

Re: rx.hope - Problems with Community/ Peo

Post by ConVicT »

aP|Nelg wrote: You Canadians sure like your rants :P
Image

Monkey
Match Winner
Posts: 724
Joined: Thu May 22, 2008 12:36 am
Location: England, UK

Re: rx.hope - Problems with Community/ Peo

Post by Monkey »

Nelg wrote:it is impossible to get rid of somebody completely
I know this, I'm just really pointing out my wishes in an ideal world. However, if there are things that we can do to make his efforts harder, then I'm all for that.
Playing since December 2006

User avatar
nara
Core Dumper
Posts: 162
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2008 2:20 am

Re: rx.hope - Problems with Community/ Peo

Post by nara »

Monkey wrote:
Nelg wrote:it is impossible to get rid of somebody completely
I know this, I'm just really pointing out my wishes in an ideal world. However, if there are things that we can do to make his efforts harder, then I'm all for that.
Is it?

I'm just kidding.

User avatar
Lucifer
Project Developer & Local Moonshiner
Posts: 8610
Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2004 3:32 pm
Location: Republic of Texas
Contact:

Re: rx.hope - Problems with Community/ Peo

Post by Lucifer »

aP|Nelg wrote:
AXO_FUNGUS wrote:Maybe, well, I know this is impossible, but if we tried to reason with him or convince him to go ruin other people's day in another game, because frankly, arma isn't as big as it used to be, and there aren't that many people to annoy anymore, if swag wants to be big again, he should go to CSGO *counter-strike global offensive* and program auto-aim bots, ping people and track their IP, DDoS servers, etc. He would probably become more known if he moved on to a larger game...
When reading this post, I hear "swag should go bother everybody else, but not us". Do you really think other people won't be annoyed in other games?
If he were to go to a bigger gaming community, preferably one with commercial backing, the FBI might start caring enough to prosecute him. Which is probably why he wouldn't go anyway, but it would be nice.
Image

Be the devil's own, Lucifer's my name.
- Iron Maiden

User avatar
Light
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder
Posts: 1656
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:11 pm

Re: rx.hope - Problems with Community/ Peo

Post by Light »

Lucifer wrote:If he were to go to a bigger gaming community, preferably one with commercial backing, the FBI might start caring enough to prosecute him. Which is probably why he wouldn't go anyway, but it would be nice.
Chances are his botnet wouldn't be big enough to take down anything like that anyways. I doubt it really has anything to do with fears of being caught at this point. They do things like attacking home hosted servers, or at least cheap VPS's, which doesn't take a whole lot to interfere with.

User avatar
Lucifer
Project Developer & Local Moonshiner
Posts: 8610
Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2004 3:32 pm
Location: Republic of Texas
Contact:

Re: rx.hope - Problems with Community/ Peo

Post by Lucifer »

Light wrote: Chances are his botnet wouldn't be big enough to take down anything like that anyways. I doubt it really has anything to do with fears of being caught at this point. They do things like attacking home hosted servers, or at least cheap VPS's, which doesn't take a whole lot to interfere with.
Yes, he has a little dick. Not sure you're agreeing with that statement, but to me, it really looks like that's what you're saying.

SWAG HAS A TINY DICK.

Any ladies following this, you probably want to avoid having sex with Swag, unless you're up for anal, because he has no dick. But if you're up for anal, and you can get off with just a pinky, go ahead and let Swag do it for you. If that works, more power to you!

But obviously Swag has no penis. Or at least not one worth talking about.
Image

Be the devil's own, Lucifer's my name.
- Iron Maiden

User avatar
Light
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder
Posts: 1656
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:11 pm

Re: rx.hope - Problems with Community/ Peo

Post by Light »

I'm going to make the assumption at this point that Lucifer's account is not him, or he's gone off the deep end.

User avatar
Lucifer
Project Developer & Local Moonshiner
Posts: 8610
Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2004 3:32 pm
Location: Republic of Texas
Contact:

Re: rx.hope - Problems with Community/ Peo

Post by Lucifer »

Light wrote:I'm going to make the assumption at this point that Lucifer's account is not him, or he's gone off the deep end.
Haha. Off the deep end. :)
Image

Be the devil's own, Lucifer's my name.
- Iron Maiden

User avatar
ConVicT
Shutout Match Winner
Posts: 1004
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:33 am

Re: rx.hope - Problems with Community/ Peo

Post by ConVicT »

Who's the black private dick
That's a sex machine to all the chicks?
(Swag!)

User avatar
aP|Nelg
Match Winner
Posts: 545
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:22 pm
Contact:

Re: rx.hope - Problems with Community/ Peo

Post by aP|Nelg »

Lucifer wrote:
Light wrote: Chances are his botnet wouldn't be big enough to take down anything like that anyways. I doubt it really has anything to do with fears of being caught at this point. They do things like attacking home hosted servers, or at least cheap VPS's, which doesn't take a whole lot to interfere with.
Yes, he has a little dick. Not sure you're agreeing with that statement, but to me, it really looks like that's what you're saying.

SWAG HAS A TINY DICK.

Any ladies following this, you probably want to avoid having sex with Swag, unless you're up for anal, because he has no dick. But if you're up for anal, and you can get off with just a pinky, go ahead and let Swag do it for you. If that works, more power to you!

But obviously Swag has no penis. Or at least not one worth talking about.
Image
Are you drunk again?
Image

User avatar
LittleSteps
Core Dumper
Posts: 157
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:30 am

Re: rx.hope - Problems with Community/ Peo

Post by LittleSteps »

ConVicT wrote:Who's the black private dick
That's a sex machine to all the chicks?
(Swag!)
Honestly I like to see that all the latest forum posts happen to be about or include me. Just keeps reminding me that this game will never go anywhere, please continue.

IndigoChild
On Lightcycle Grid
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2015 3:02 am

Re: rx.hope - Problems with Community/ Peo

Post by IndigoChild »

Pft, You all just disgust me. Swag, ZuLu, Rookie... all the same. I start to wonder if this guy is a mental case in real life pretending to be multiple characters in order to satisfy his own harsh reality.
Not ZuLu Fam

Post Reply