The Classic Submarine

General Stuff about Armagetron, That doesn't belong anywhere else...
dpMo

The Classic Submarine

Post by dpMo »

so im confused .. why is there 2 servers named "The Classic Submarine" .. 1 of em has rules in it and the other one has no rules.. one has a /rules cmd that says to u that there is no running or camping allowed .. yet the other one has no rules so i assume running and camping is allowed.. yet they named the same, if u go copy a server and add rules too it at least change the name of the server no ? o.O
ConVicT
Shutout Match Winner

Re: The Classic Submarine

Post by ConVicT »

They both have rules.
Image was the first classic submarine and was a clone of the yellow submarine with a couple of settings changed. The rules are the message_of_day when you enter the server.
Image belongs to Mirage and me. We called it the classic submarine because we loved the settings but wanted to improve it. Meaning: better server, custom commands, scoreboard, etc. Most importantly, before we cloned classic submarine, there' were so many trolls in the original, and there were no admins or mods around.
And btw, most of the rules are exactly the same.
Another reason we chose to copy the name is that classic sub players don't like to play anywhere except classic sub.
dpMo

Post by dpMo »

i guess u dont understand what i'm saying, u've copied the original server but made it so there is no running, camping, mazing allowed.. mostly every one in your copied server runs, camps and mazes.. yet its acted like that's normal, why have the rule there if no one goes by it ?? maybe because in the real classic sub them rules are allowed? understand now ?
ConVicT
Shutout Match Winner

Post by ConVicT »

dpMo wrote:there is no running, camping, mazing allowed.. mostly every one in your copied server runs, camps and mazes.. yet its acted like that's normal, why have the rule there if no one goes by it ??
Well, that is not the case at all.
It's not acted like running, camping, or mazing is allowed. If they do it enough that it's obviously intentional, they get banned (there's a list).
Don't get me wrong, they're not banned forever. If we see these banned players trying to enter and being rejected, we unban them, hoping that they will follow the rules this time.
dpMo wrote:maybe because in the real classic sub them rules are allowed?
Well, yes, I guess it is allowed there. The rules there actually tell you not to complain about it. But as you know, most players like to make up their own, unwritten-rules that most players just abide by, E.g. Closing.
I guess I was one of those "most players" since I actually remembered them being rules...
ConVicT wrote:And btw, most of the rules are exactly the same.
ImageImage
Not the same at all, are they :lol:
Word
Reverse Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Word »

The rules there actually tell you not to complain about it.
I asked noob13 to add that rule because I'm one of the people open players complain about. Thankfully, he did it. Maybe it's not very successful in practice, but at least it's a symbol against the loose BS that is so deeply ingrained there...
[Anonymous]
Round Winner

Post by [Anonymous] »

ConVicts new Sub killed the Server with all them rules an Admin abuse. Im assuming xdude is banned forever on your server or his dick is just to far down your throat.
ConVicT
Shutout Match Winner

Post by ConVicT »

Word wrote: I asked noob13 to add that rule because I'm one of the people open players complain about. Thankfully, he did it.
I thought it belonged to LOLrus, no?.
[Anonymous] wrote:ConVicts new Sub killed the Server
Wait...
Are you saying my server killed itself, or it killed other servers?
Or is it you think there's just one server hosting all the sub servers and my server killed the one server?
Is my server the one server to rule all servers?
Make sense, rookie.
dpMo

Post by dpMo »

do u have to copy the server name? i mean okay the settings may be the same but u've added rules and dont that make it a different server to the classic submarine? u've copied the original and added rules so shouldnt u atleast call it New Classic Submarine or summit??

so ppl dont get confused on which server they've just joined and realized that they are getting hate for running or mazing, being banned and shit because they thought they joined the classic submarine (original) n not the replica that has rules ??

kinda like copying a Empha's Sumo Bar and adding a rule so that there is no closing allowed but named the server the same . .
ConVicT
Shutout Match Winner

Post by ConVicT »

Maybe.
It's been there for a year though, and you're the first confused person I've came across.

Edit: I meant to ask if you were colour blind, but forgot to.
Are you colour blind?
Last edited by ConVicT on Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Word
Reverse Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Word »

ConVicT wrote:
Word wrote: I asked noob13 to add that rule because I'm one of the people open players complain about. Thankfully, he did it.
I thought it belonged to LOLrus, no?.
The one with "And don't complain about closers" used to be noob13's, I don't know what it's named now. Or perhaps LOLrus copied that?
ConVicT
Shutout Match Winner

Post by ConVicT »

So I'm a copy of a copy of a copy? :D
Well, yes, it's deffo LOLrus' because he made me a mod. Unless they share a server.
aP|Nelg
Match Winner

Post by aP|Nelg »

[Anonymous] wrote:with all them rules an Admin abuse.
Some of the rules in this case are merely suggestions for you to follow. (such as the 400 ping max rule)
However, admins abiding by the rules, that's NOT considered abuse.
ConVicT
Shutout Match Winner

Post by ConVicT »

aP|Nelg wrote: Some of the rules in this case are merely suggestions
Yes, Nelg, thank you.
They are merely guidelines (with the exception of discrimination, which, if I see it, you'll be warned).

Besides, everything I've said about the server rules; the thing that seems to be forgotten is that /rules were actually requested by the classic sub community.
And before anyone slates "the classic sub community" (and my words calling us a community). It is a community, and is a community that's still going strong; comparing to every other game type.
Which brings be back here
[Anonymous] wrote:ConVicts new Sub killed the Server
Au contraire! I think if you check every day for the next ten days, you'll find that my server (or any other sub server) are the only main active servers in Armagetron.
If anything, my server helped keep this game alive

Maybe y'all should take a leaf out of our book. :P
assaindan
Average Program

Post by assaindan »

The yellow sub tournaments have always been poppin but f that #sumo
Magi
Match Winner

Post by Magi »

dpMo wrote: kinda like copying a Empha's Sumo Bar and adding a rule so that there is no closing allowed but named the server the same . .
Except if someone started banning people in sumo for closing no one would play there.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

bye