Lightron - Instant Temporary Servers

General Stuff about Armagetron, That doesn't belong anywhere else...
Light
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Lightron - Instant Temporary Servers

Post by Light »

You can now get a temporary server to play around with whenever you want with the click of a button.

Just click for a server. Once you get the details back, you can connect via quick connect and put in the address and port. Log in with the auth you requested the server from, as it will instruct you to, to obtain owner rank.

http://lightron.org/QuickServer

Note that quick servers do not get control panel access and will not reboot once shutting down. Settings will not be saved and you cannot save servers after setting them up. This should make it easy to quickly get a war, tournament, etc. server without the hassle of waiting for someone to respond to you and set it up.

Enjoy! Feel free to reply here or message me on my site with any questions.

List of Presets as of 12/05/2015
Capture the Flag
Fortress
High Rubber
Loose Dogfight
Sumo Bar
Sumo Bar Dozen
Tight Dogfight
Zero Rubber
Last edited by Light on Sat Dec 05, 2015 3:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ratchet
Match Winner

Re: Lightron - Instant Temporary Servers

Post by Ratchet »

you're a pretty cool dude.

keep up the good work :)
"Dream as if you'll live forever,
Live as if you'll die today." -James Dean
Light

Post by Light »

Thanks. (:
It's something that's been in my head to do for a while, so I hope it's useful to people.
Light

Post by Light »

I had a dumb mistake that made only one server be available. It's fixed, and there are 5.
Light

Post by Light »

Of course .. Someone decided to get a server and ban tons of people. Now, the bans are all removed when you get a server, so they only last until your server shuts down.

Note, these servers will also stay up as long as you're active in them. If you leave it empty, then it'll shut down after a short delay.
Light

Post by Light »

Update: I've just finished setting up server presets available at the click of a button.

Current Presets:
- Sumo
- Capture the Flag
- Loose Dogfight
- Tight Dogfight
- Zero Rubber
aP|Nelg
Match Winner

Post by aP|Nelg »

I would suggest adding:
High rubber,
Fast Track,
Fortress,
Some generic shooting mode?,
Light

Post by Light »

aP|Nelg wrote:I would suggest adding:
High rubber,
Fast Track,
Fortress,
Some generic shooting mode?,
I had HR ready and for some reason didn't add it. I guess I just accidentally scanned over it when I was doing it all. High Rubber is now added to the presets. I know I need to get a fortress one on there. I'll try to get FT as well. As for shooting, I'm not sure I have any configs set up for that. I was never a shooting person.
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

Great! I'd say that I always wanted such a service to exist, but can't quite remember whether Luke had something similar for a while.
Light

Post by Light »

Z-Man wrote:Great! I'd say that I always wanted such a service to exist, but can't quite remember whether Luke had something similar for a while.
(: I didn't expect to have your approval. lol I remember your comment about the "click a button and pop up a generic fort server" thing. lol I'm glad that people are actually liking it.

Side Note: Guys, you can change the server name with "/admin server_name My Server". You are not limited on any settings. It all resets once you allow the server to shut down.

Also, you can just include config files to get whatever settings you may have had before. You can upload new ones at http://resource.armagetronad.net/upload and get to your files with a link there or finding your username directory in http://resource.armagetronad.net/resource

You don't have to do anything special to include it. Once it's there, just "/admin include /username/file.cfg".
Outside Corner Grinder

Post by 2020 »

Fortress, please.
hold the line
Light

Post by Light »

There's so many fortress configs. Which should I use? I'm not a fort player, so I don't really have much of an opinion on it. If someone wants to provide a good option for it, I'll be happy to add it.
Light

Post by Light »

Fortress has been added to the list of presets.
Savage
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by Savage »

u should probably get a more stable host.. since players from EU are gettin better ping in most US West servers than your shitty "East" servers.. + your servers are generally laggy even for ppl living in east (so i've heard), no wonder no one plays on em
Image Image Image Image Image
Light

Post by Light »

Savage wrote:u should probably get a more stable host.. since players from EU are gettin better ping in most US West servers than your shitty "East" servers.. + your servers are generally laggy even for ppl living in east (so i've heard), no wonder no one plays on em
Feel free to outdo me and go purchase servers for free hosting. Most people tend to get a 40 - 80 ping in them. I think I'll survive.